markstuart 29/12/17
Last reply 5 months ago
Life goes on.

I find stress is my main enemy. I deal with it alot. Things happen and I pump iron. I like to sleep on things. I have to keep rrms under control. So far so good.

Everybody please stay positive.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

@markstuart , there should be a webinar on the subject of managing stress here :-

http://eventcenter.commpartners.com/se/Meetings/Playback.aspx?meeting.id=718605

nutshell88
5 months ago

Well I can almost say I’m the same case with me.
@markstuart Life repeats itself there’s always something we all have to do.
Can’t deny My job is simple and my family spends on me so I dont have to worry about that there is always something.
I am rrms I guess I had two relapses since 2005.
I’m off treatment out of worry I get worse in another way other place organ by side effects and thats enough to do my head in lol but I enjoy simple things shopping coffee tea traveling 🙂 and hopefuly driving soon 🙂

chezy17
5 months ago

Judo!!! When I’m not injured from doing it, it’s a great stress reliever 😊.

When I can’t do that, listening to music whilst going for a bike ride or walk helps.

Avoiding the stress is probably the best antidote for anything but if all else fails then a glass of 🍷 definately helps:-).

miapi
5 months ago

@markstuart

I completely understand you.

I am trying to remain positive, but for example last night I woke up and I got this intense fear of loosing my ability to use my eyes.

That’s how my MS started (bilateral ophthalmoplegia) and even though I recovered, I fear that at any moment it can come back.

I am in therapy, which helps a bit (and I recommend), but I do think it takes a person with MS to really understand another.

I have found that dealing with the situation via goal setting somehow works.

For example for a day on which I feel stressed or anxious, my main goal would be to pamper myself as much as possible in order to reduce stress no matter what. For a day on which I feel a bit calmer, my goal would be to work on my actual life goals. But one thing I have learned is that when I m not in a good mood, other things are very hard to be achieved (if not impossible).

I don’t know your situation, but if you can afford it (time wise or any other way wise), pamper yourself as much as you can/need. You deserve it.

Best
MiaPi

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.