Last reply 1 year ago
Lhermitte's sign? Should I worry?

Hello,

I’m a 17-year-old boy. I’m a bit worried about a sensation I discovered on Thursday. Well, almost every time I bend my neck, my right foot starts buzzing for about 1 second.

I’ve not seen the doctor yet, however I want as soon as possible. I’ve read about the symptoms I experience and I realized it’s Lhermitte’s sign and is associated with the MS. Obviously, it gave me the creeps. Well, should I worry?

Thank you for the answers.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @caretsch and welcome.

It’s too early to make rash judgements. Have a chat with your Doctor and see if they feel that a referral to a Neurologist is warranted.

Should you worry? Well, no is the answer, but it’s easy for me to say!

You just need to look after yourself, whilst the medical guys do their stuff. Just be aware that stressing about it will potentially make the situation worse.

potter
1 year ago

You might have just pinched a nerve playing football (soccer) or just sitting at a weird angle for a long time playing a video game. Try to get on with your life and don’t think about it. Potter

lilbird
1 year ago

Hi there @caretsch

You should definitely get this checked out just to be sure what you’re dealing with but in the mean time there’s absolutely no point worrying (I know from experience this is much easier said than done!) Try your best to relax & wait for your appointment & put your faith in that process. If it does turn out to be something challenging, worrying won’t have helped but you’ll be well positioned to deal with it & if it turns out to be something more minor you’ll wonder why you wasted all that time & energy worrying about nothing!

Hopefully it’ll turn out to be nothing to worry about but if not you now know where we all are & there’s plenty of friendly supportive people waiting here to help you going forward! Good luck 😊

Like most people so far I dont think you should worry about it at this point, but you should have it properly checked out. While it could be nothing of concern, my personal advice would be to be aware of some possibilities (not to worry) but just in case there are a few preventative type of lifestyle changes you can make. It may also make sense depending on what the dr’s think to try to get an MRI just to have a baseline in the future. So for instance vitamin D supplementation and increasing Omega 3 (flaxseed) might be something wise to consider as they genrally only have positive benefits and could be preventative. Keep us posted on what you find out

lilbird
1 year ago

Hi there @caretsch

Have you managed to see a dr yet? Hope you’re feeling better 😊 I was just wondering how you were getting on?

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hi @lilbird

Yes, I saw my doctor but she’s absent… :/
Well, I feel the sensation arount the tailbone instead my right foot. Might this be a problem?

lilbird
1 year ago

@caretsch

I’m sorry, I have already tried to reply to you but on checking now it doesn’t seem to have worked so not sure what I did there!

Also sorry if I’m being a bit thick 😕 but did you mean you’ve seen your Dr once but now the problem area has changed & you cant get to see her again or were you unable to see her at all? I don’t have any medical training so can only offer my opinion but sounds to me as if you need to see someone if only to put your mind at rest. Is there a different Dr you could see sooner?

Anonymous
1 year ago

Hey @lilbird

Thanks for your answer. Well, sadly, I wasn’t able to see her at all…… 😐 I’ll try it next week, I hope she won’t be absent this time.
Yes, I can’t feel the strange buzzing sensation in my right foot anymore, however, I can feel it around my tailbone or in my lower abdomen, I’m not sure how to describe it correctly…

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.