Last reply 1 year ago
Let the warm weather begin

I’m affected mostly by cold weather but humidity more than the heat itself can cause the nuisance symptoms to act up. Like today for instance, it is the first day of 80 degree temperatures after a very cold start to spring and I’m feeling it. While I do have central air conditioning I want to air out the house from the long winters slumber and have the windows open to bring in the freshness of the spring smells but this comes at a cost. I’m experiencing slight numbness with pins and needles all over and buzzing in my hands and feet. These are my normal “too warm” symptoms so I tolerate them well but at the same time I just wish that they would go away and let me enjoy the first warm spring day.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

red-suzuki
1 year ago

Am in the same boat @nicolemarie Cold dank days hit as hard as the warm sunny days….Been so dry, but cloudy & very windy around here for most of spring, thought would be able to enjoy more outdoor things, but when sun did come out it was scorching…all be it slowly…….then 2 days ago after continuous cloud the heavens opened,,,,ok the plants are finally drenched & happy, but its made going outside almost impossible. having just gone through cold of winter, & like you just want to enjoy the first tolerable warm warmth of spring days….tell you it has really effected the sense of well being, & with increased total fatigue all over the body…..& before the onset of possible summer sun…..ho hum….Red

merfield
1 year ago

I feel the extremes too. And today is one of them 😠 I’m frozen. Will it ever warm up????? If it wasn’t for the rescue dog we are waiting for I’d feel ‘down’. I don’t suffer from pins and needles – just general stiffness all over which, everything crossed, will stop when the sun decides to come out. Roll on summer!!!!!

red-suzuki
1 year ago

am with you their @merfield so cold & dark here today….is it ever going to be a tolerable temperature????…Big smiles on the woofle front, all ‘best’ today….got the pins & needles, muscle ache all up legs, no respite unless that sun come out a bit….indeed roll on some sort of summer, so don’t have to tolerate these slightly different to sunny condition symptoms to much like @nicolemarie…..

nicecupoftea
1 year ago

@merfield – have you decided on a dog then? Excited for you!

I am also hit by weather. I have found going from a hot space to a cold space to be a trigger as well as humidity. I also get migraines with extreme weather – hot, cold, and when a thunderstorm is brewing! Anyone got any good tips to manage?

merfield
1 year ago

Yes @nicecupoftea, we are celebrating with a 🍷 after just getting RSPCA apro. Thanks for asking😊 She’s a Bichon/Pomeranian…..very cute and friendly.
No tips sadly for managing weather extremes….I’m forever too hot or too cold, and stiff most of the time. Xx

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.