Anonymous 25/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Lemtrada – Likley time off work?

For those that have had lemtrada how long did you need off work to recover? I currently work full time and could do with estimating how soon I will be able to return following the first course.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

As you know I’m not on it yet but I read this yesterday from one of the original trial patients on his time to get back to normal.

I’ve also joined the facebook group : or search ‘Lemtrada, Alemtuzumab (Campath®) for the treatment of MS UK And Ireland’ – It’s a closed discussion group with loads of people having the treatment already in the UK which has been very educational …

I believe it’s 8 weeks before you’re allowed around ‘germy plague people’ 🙂

Good luck xx

3 years ago

If you can take 6 weeks off work I would recommend it. I did great for 2 weeks then Lem Fatigue set in- weird thing, comes on strong all day, the is stronger in AM as time passes and slowly abates. For me it was always worse in AM.

I work from home and did go back after 4-6 weeks but only a few hours a day. By 10 weeks I was normal, better than prior to Lem. As the 12 week point approached I was gaining more & more energy.

Currently I am traveling and went out on a boat, swam in the ocean and tomorrow will hope snorkeling, sightseeing and doing a lot of walking.

All of this due to Lem- I am so thankful for this therapy! I hope your response is even greater than my own. I was diagnosed 10.5 years and almost 40 when I got Lem. The younger you are and the less time you have had MS the better you do.

Have you been given an infusion date?

3 years ago

Hi all, I had Lemtrada the first week of February and took the following two weeks off work. I am a vet and it was so difficult getting any more time off. I am pleased to say my first week back was pretty ok! 10 hour days are tiring for anyone so I’m not sure what level of fatigue is normal and what is the treatment, but so far everything is manageable and I am so grateful to have had the chance of this treatment finally. No improvements to report yet but I’m sure they’ll come with time! On a side note, I live with three friends, all of whom have been ill since I got home, but so far I somehow haven’t caught a thing! Best of luck for you getting the drug @sandwich x

3 years ago

Hi, the first time I had it I was off four or five weeks then went back to work part time for a couple of weeks. It completely wiped me out. The second time I was off for two weeks, that included the week I had the infusions. Then I went back to work work full time. It’s easier the second time round as you’re body is used to it.
Good luck for when you go in to have it. xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.