Last reply 6 months ago
Lemtrada and Travel

I am 11 days out of first Lematrada infusion. Am getting on a plane on Wednesday. Big question: should I wear a mask bc of lowering T & B cells? Thanks for any input.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

kitty369
6 months ago

I would it takes a month to build back up, better safe than sorry. Planes r full of germs u will be in close proximity to so many people. Don’t take the risk- try and keep well.

lilbird
6 months ago

Hi @bdgraubart I’d say take antibac gel with you but not sure if you’d be allowed to fly with it? How did you get on with your Lemtrada in the end? 😊

bdgraubart
6 months ago

Thanks! The infusion went without any problems. First night post infusion all my MS symptoms returned and it was a hard night. Managed with meds Dr. prescribed before the infusion. I was also on medral pack to titer off of infused steroids. The 4 days after infusion were not the best. Stayed in bed the whole time. Fatigue, dull headache and a little rash. Everything has cleared except fatigue at the end of the day. From day 5 on just did half days at work. But feeling some much better MS symptoms have lessened.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.