laurabug 09/07/18
Last reply 3 days ago
Lemtrada

so the journey begins today- sitting here waiting for my treatment to start- feeling positive only real concern is being away from my little girl (6 months old) for so long everyday!!
I am hoping this will bring the ms to a halt for a long time and maybe even improve some symptoms.
i know 3 people who have had this treatment and so far its been a game changer for them so all fingers and toes are crossed!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

Good luck, @laurabug .

laurabug
1 week ago

Thank you @stumbler

lightning87
1 week ago

All the best xx

andyturner
1 week ago

Good luck

zarah
1 week ago

Good luck am due starting it next month xxx

bonang1975
1 week ago

Good luck xx

gazmataz
1 week ago

Good luck x
Thank you for your offer. Addenbrookes finally e-mailed me everything is sorted for next week. Once again Thank you and I’m sending you my healing thoughts. ( not that I actually believe in reiki but you never know.)

buford
1 week ago

Good luck! You got this!🌻

laurabug
1 week ago

Thank you everyone……day 1 done and traffic was on our side today no hiccups other than some fluey symptoms for an hour, sharp heart pain with raised heart rate again lasted no more than 20 mins!
Back home in time for my little ones bedtime #winning πŸ™‚ feeling pretty normal yay!

laurabug
1 week ago

Good luck for your treatments @zarah and

laurabug
1 week ago

laurabug
1 week ago

Day 2 -lemtrada is finished and its been another uneventful day πŸ™‚

emmajh
1 week ago

Hi, I’ve just finished my second Lemtrada course 2 months ago. Hope it all goes well for you.

laurabug
1 week ago

Thank you

laurabug
1 week ago

Hope its gone well for you @emmajh

laurabug
6 days ago

Day 3 plain sailing again feeling a bit weary but that might be more sitting around all day!

laurabug
4 days ago

Day 4 involved some shortness of breath so they put me on a nebuliser for an hour or 2 which sorted if and then the rash came but it was just a few spots and the drugs i was given in my sandwich bag quickly sorted it out. Day 5 begins with me oversleeping as i feel very tired but this is the last day so yay!! Addenbrookes nurses have been great and they warn you of what to expect so nothing is a worry.

janie
4 days ago

Im nearly 2 months post Lemtrada I live in Cyprus originally from Ipswich Suffolk UK I had to stay in hospital for 6 days for my Lemtrada treatment I only managed to receive 4 doses of Lemtrada not the recommended 5 as my heart slowed down to 35bpm so the drs decided it was too risky to give me 5 doses however I’m perfectly fine now I didn’t get any reactions my advise to you is drink loads of water I’m talking loads I drank 3litres the first day and carried on from there I’m still drinking loads! I cut out sugar and salt still no sugar only the tiniest amount of salt also definate follow a listeria free diet no unpasteurised milk products no soft cheese no delicatessent items wash everything thought and peel fruit and no take aways or eating in restaurants which you are not sure are if they are totally clean and always wash your hands 😊 don’t worry you will be fine just keep thinking positively 😊 good luck πŸ’•

laurabug
4 days ago

Thank you for the advice πŸ™‚ especially with the listeria outbreaks we keep seeing! I am on the water drinking and peeing loads!!! Not easy with the canula trolley πŸ™‚ cant wait to get this out so i can have a proper bath!

tarinmaria
4 days ago

Lemtrada has stopped my relapses now for 2 and a half years, the problem is that it hasn’t improved the symptoms I’ve always had. In fact, a lot of my symptoms have worsened
I really hope it all goes well for you!

laurabug
4 days ago

Thank you @tarinmaria. All done till next year. Time for some recouperation now and to spend quality time with my little lady.

zarah
3 days ago

So glad it’s went smoothly for you @laurabug now rest n enjoy your time with your little lady they grow up far too quickly xxx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.