Last reply 4 years ago
Latest appointment with Neurologist

Had my latest appointment with neurologist today not starting on any treatment as the MS is not progressive and lesions are stable according to latest MRI results mentioned about the burning pain and back ache he said physio massage is a good idea wanted me to be put on Tramodol but I told him didn’t want to take anything with side effects as I enjoy getting out of the house also told him I can cope with the tiredness and again told him I didn’t want to take any meds for it as I didn’t want to cope with side effects ask him about being put on pregablin and he said said again all meds have side effects so I said I would see how I got on with gabapentin I’m so tired with everything but I upped my gabapentin up to 700mg at night and take 1 x 300mg twice a day he suggested I keep working just doing mornings at the moment if they are not happy at school I will hand in my notice till I get over the side effects of meds then may be doing supply work.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

cameron
4 years ago

The meds are precisely FOR non-progressive MS! Why on earth aren’t you being offered disease-modifying therapies? Is it because you haven’t had a relapse for many years? It may be worth your having a good read of the Barts blog to see the latest NHS criteria for MS meds. xx

lina
4 years ago

@cameron only had one episode in February but I have probably had a symptoms over the years but never had anything to worry about getting it checked like being tired all the time when I had my second child doc put it down to depression (read this somewhere as a symptom) flickering of my left eyelid and when my left leg was resting (when we took the children to swimming lessons when they were primary school age) on the bar in front of our seating had a tremor but again never had it investigated had no problems walking I had been quite active in sport both at school and in my adult life and still am so really don’t why rang MS nurse left her a msg as she wanted to know what was said.

On my mri results it says No significant disease progression.

Lina

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.