Last reply 6 days ago
Keep loosing it, so came up with this.

Learn it well….
This is my walking stick. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my walking stick Is useless. Without my walking stick, I am useless. I must walk my stick true. I must walk straighter than the Neuro who is trying to kill me. I must fight my corner before he sends me back to my GP. I will. My walking stick and I know that what counts in MS is not the pills we take the noise of our moaning, or the appointments we don’t get. We know that it is the laughter that counts. We will laugh and cry.
My walking sick is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its handle and its shaft. I will keep my waking stick clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.
Before God I swear this creed. My walking stick and I are the defenders of my sanity. We are the masters of our Neurologists. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory over our MS and bad neurologists.
Keep smiling!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

doubleo7hud
2 weeks ago

You had me inspired right upto the word SHAFT and I started giggling like a school girl πŸ˜‚ 😐 😝

vixen
2 weeks ago

@highlander, I love your declation of independence, it’s inspiring!

grandma
2 weeks ago

Love it Highlander. I have 2 1up and 1 down so I don’t have to take it in my lift, and cos I’m always forgetting where I left it (old age and senility)😍

teresapascolat
2 weeks ago

It is certainly laughter that counts…and … Grandma… being old is a state of mind, don’t you think? My mum wasn’t at 94, I am not either, and neither are you!!!

grandma
1 week ago

I totally agree about age being a state of mind, as I said, I’m 62 going on 32, I Caravan all over the country , but not this summer because mr government took away my mobility car, and therefore my tow vehice in Feb, have to go to court to hopefully get it back. I have an electric wheelchair, a mobility scooter, a huge ramp with rails to my front door, a through lift so I can get upstairs but apparently I am not disabled enough to warrant my converted mobility car! But I do everything for myself and usually have a good laugh doing it. I love going out, but it doesn’t happen very often, have 2 big dogs who I adore, walk them on my mobility scooter, leads hooked on arms to leave my hands free, have a beautiful garden, only 3 bed semi size but perfect in my sight, don’t have a lawn because I have a train track instead all round the garden, (16mm) garden railway size, I can’t garden as such but I can plant bulbs and pull weeds from a seated position if necessary. Great weather we’ve been having , though a bit too hot for us ms sufferers, but got loads of parasols and big trees for shade so yes age is a state of mind but I am forgetting more, especially short term things, can remember things from my childhood quite easily but can’t remember whether I’ve had ny Tecfidera this morning😍

highlander
1 week ago

Hi @grandma,
Ref taking your MEDS and when you took them here’s a suggestion.
Use a blackboard or white board.
Draw up a check box on it and tick it off once you’ve taken your MEDS.
Then you have a quick reference guide.
Hope this helps, I do it as I’m just as bad as you, by the sounds of it.
Chris

teresapascolat
1 week ago

Hello @grandma! You keep very busy I see. Great! I have an idea for your meds. I used to work for people who couldn’t remember either, so we used those boxes which have a slot for the tablets, 3 or 4 slots per day. It is something you can get at the pharmacy I suppose. Or maybe on the net today! When we used it was such a long time ago! But it worked well. And talking about time, you and I are not so far apart! I would come to see all of you really if for me UK was not such a long way away!!! I am a slow 🐒, anyway!
Take care πŸ’œ, always!

highlander
6 days ago

I’ve just come up with a brilliant idea.
How do you get on Dragons Den?
Keep smiling

stumbler
6 days ago

@highlander , here’s some information regarding “entering” the Dragon’s Den :-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/3D0rSm9tMLy9m9wJth7Fl7S/apply-to-enter-the-den

However, if your idea is to just “Keep Smiling”, they’ll rip you to shreds! πŸ˜‰

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.