marcyg921 07/02/18
Last reply 5 months ago
Just finished Round 2 of Lemtrada

So after 3 long years of waking up to my first symptom, having my first Neurologist appointment, my first MRI Scan, my first Lumbar Puncture to my official diagnosis and to my first round of Lemtrada, today I finally finished Round 2 of Lemtrada and hopefully that’ll be it for the infusions for good.
As for how it went, about as well as expected. Got a headache on Monday and my pulse readings were really high so rather than be an outpatient they wanted me to just remain as an inpatient and they slowed down all drugs for days 2 and 3 which did make the days go longer but all my readings were kept normal. I’m currently sat at home right now resting as that experience on Monday made me truly realise I have no idea what’s really going on in my body so I need to take it easy, oh and the rash came back for a bit but not too bad.
All I can say is this huge weight lifted off my shoulders as now it actually feels like there’s nothing holding me back from living any more as I’m not waiting around for anything (apart from the blood tests which take like 15 minutes in each month) and I feel like things are finally gonna start looking up.
Best of luck to anyone who’s going in for treatment soon and for those that are still considering Lemtrada, definitely give it some deep thought. Yes the side effects sound scary but overall I don’t where I’d be without it.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
5 months ago

Best of luck for the future, @marcyg921 . πŸ™‚

lilbird
5 months ago

Well done @marcyg921 take it easy now for as long as it takes & hopefully everything’s looking up from here 😊

joanne46
5 months ago

Hi @marcyg921 well done you and good luck. I have everything crossed for you! Keep us posted over the next few months if you can 😊 hopefully a new start for you now x

keels
5 months ago

Wishing you best of luck. I am due to start my second round of Lemtrada in October. For me going on this treatment was definitely a positive x

aabreu
5 months ago

Good luck. Don’t be a stranger.

jennbremm
5 months ago

I’m due to start Lemtrada at the end of this month. I’m wondering if you have been taking certain vitamins/supplements since the Lemtrada treatment. I want to be prepared the best I can. Thank you πŸ™‚

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.