Last reply 3 months ago
Just can’t move

Ok so about a week ago I lost my ability to use my left leg and can’t hold anything with my left hand and can barely use my right hand I have been to ER twice and cat scans have come back normal but there is nothing normal about the way I feel. What do any of you think?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

maria_perkins
3 months ago

Hi is it an exacerbation.

stumbler
3 months ago

Hi @tiffany_michelle_winters and welcome.

I can understand why you’ve joined us, but self-diagnosis is a dangerous thing. And, we aren’t able to provide a diagnosis either.

Yes, it could be MS. But, it could be many other things too. ER and CAT scans can eliminate things like strokes, but you need to see a Doctor and see whether they feel it is necessary for a Neurology referral.

So, arrange to see your Doctor and try to chill out. Stressing about these things only makes them worse.

mlgilber1
3 months ago

If it is MS then it’s a relapse and they need to do an MRI with and without contrast. One relapse I had made it so I couldn’t move or feel my left leg and steroids weren’t working so they did plasmapheresis and I regained control.

I was diagnosed in 2017 but I have not had this problem since I was diagnosed and I just don’t know what to do about this problem.

cosine
3 months ago

Its better to talk to a Dr that knows you than go to ER even though I can imagine why you would want to. Can you speak to the person that diagnosed you? Or your normal Dr?

mlgilber1
3 months ago

Have they given you steroids yet? That’d be first I’d think and if that doesn’t help is plasmapheresis an option? Have you spoke to your neuro?

stumbler
3 months ago

@tiffany_michelle_winters , ah, so you have a diagnosis. I wasn’t sure.

But, yes, contact your neurological team. Life-impacting relapses, such as you’re experiencing, are usually treated with Steroids, to get you recovering as soon as possible.

Been admitted to hospital just couldn’t take the hurt and pain anymore also still can’t feel my left hand and arm.

stumbler
3 months ago

@tiffany_michelle_winters , I hope they get on top of this quickly for you.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.