lindz 12/05/12
Last reply 6 years ago
I've been Slymed!!

I was diagnosed with MS 6 years ago and then two years ago Lyme Disease! There’s suspicion and info on the net that they may be the same thing? Not sure which to beleive, or if one came from the other?? Any others in this predicament, know of a way to eliminate a diagnosis, or have advice!?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

reddivine
6 years ago

Lyme disease is usually spread by rats or ticks! If you have been bitten by either in the recent past, its an outside possibility, but soooooo rare.
But its absolutely b******s to suggest that they are the same.

Anonymous
6 years ago

Ticks are the reason for Lyme Disease. Both MS and Lyme Disease have very very similar symptoms and Lyme is typically something they test for when going through the dx process for MS because they are so similar…but there are definitely NOT the same thing and definitely are not related in anyway other then having very similar symptoms. Its what makes MS so difficult to diagnose…there are many other illnesses that exhibit the same symptoms.

I would talk to your GP and/or Neurologist and MS Nurse.

Anonymous
6 years ago

Just to clarify…when I stated that they test for Lyme in the process of MS diagnosis….I don’t mean MS and Lyme are related I meant that they try to rule out Lyme (as well as B12 deficiency, Lupus, and others) in order to arrive at a dx.

lindz
6 years ago

Thanks Chels Where abouts do you live? I live in British Columbia, Canada and I was not tested for anything else but MS when I was diagnosed!?

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.