randymt 02/02/18
Last reply 2 months ago
IV methylprednisolone and immune system

Hello again! So last evening I just finished my 3 day IV methylprednisolone infusion.

Now since the steroids suppress your immune system I was wondering for how long this effect lasts since I have important matters to attend to this weekend that require being around a small group of people.

I just had this pondering thought in my head (Steroid insomnia + I’m an overthinker lol) and unfortunately I forgot to ask this to my neurologist and I have no idea how to get hold of her again this soon again!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@randymt , hopefully any potential insomnia will have been a short term effect.

The Steroids will primarily address the present area of inflammation on your Central Nervous System that is causing your latest symptoms.

Then, once the damage is settled, the Steroids will be helping your body to recover over the next 6-8 weeks. It’s not a quick-fix and you need to allow your body to recover too.

nrl321
2 months ago

Hey don’t overthink the overthinking it’s typical of someone with MS with a touch of wanting things done the RIGHT/YOUR way and a little bit of perfectionism.
Anyway I did my Methyl Pred. treatments with two kids under 10 bringing everything home from school and Preschool. I didn’t stress over exposure to anything just focus on the fact I was getting benefits on the inside and taking time to rest.

sciencegeek
2 months ago

Try not to worry! I’m constantly around a crowd of litte people (in a primary school), with all the associated germs. It’s fine after steroids, but I give it a break when my lymphocyte count is below 0.9

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.