Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@daniel2025 , I’ve not heard of Proviperine, but I see it is an anticholinergic drug used for the treatment of urinary urgency, frequency and urge incontinence, all symptoms of overactive bladder syndrome.

It shouldn’t take that long to have an effect, although this assumes that urge and frequency incontinence are the only problems.

The other problem can be retention, i.e. not voiding fully, which leaves us always wanting to go.

Have you been referred to the Continence team, who can perform a very quick ultrasound scan to determine whether retention is another problem for you?

daniel2025
1 year ago

Hi yes I have I retain less then 100mil but it still feals like I need the loo. The consultant has decided to put a camera up next week to see if something else is causing it. He said if the camera test comes back OK he’s happy to try another tablet. Its just frustrating because I have tried three different tablets so far and while this ones working the best its still not a hundred percent. The thought of the camera going up has be really scared as well. I was hopping things would improve but I have been on the tablets a while. I guess I just have to man up get the test done then try another pill. Its just I am scared each time I change the pill my symptoms will get worse.

The first two I tried was tolteradine and soluferican if I spelt wrong sorry but I don’t have these tablets anymore to copy the label.

My ms was highly active until I had my lemtrada neurologist say my San is somewhere in the middle she said it’s not the worst MRI but not the best either.

stumbler
1 year ago

@daniel2025 , the Flexible Cystoscopy is nothing to be too concerned about. It’s the same size as a catheter. The procedure can spot constrictions, which may be making the problems worse, and check that the bladder looks OK. It’s like a visual healthcheck.

Whilst I hadn’t heard of your present medication, I am aware of another medication, Mirabegron. I believe this works in a different way, so may prove more successful.

Try not to over-worry about changing medications. We’re all different and what works for one, doesn’t work for another. Finding the right medication can therefore be a bit of trial-and-error.

As has been mentioned on the forum several times, worry and stress can make our symptoms worse.

Looking at your profile, I would assume that you’ve only had the first course of Lemtrada, with the second due soon. Has this prevented the progression of your MS?

daniel2025
1 year ago

I had my second course in February just gone. So far so good. No relapses since I had the first round however all of the symptoms I’m battling I got before I went on lemtrada. Some have improved some stayed the same. I do have fatigue a bit worse but this happened when a lot of the legions healed and left black holes instead. The neurologist is optimistic though as there is no new activity since the legions healed. She did three MRIs in six months to be sure. Overall the only thing that’s worse is the fatigue every other symptom is the same or better and my last two MRIs had no change on them

stumbler
1 year ago

Sounds encouraging, @daniel2025 . Long may it continue.

daniel2025
1 year ago

Thank you

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.