Last reply 4 months ago
Is anybody taking Cladribine tablets?

Hi All, I recently relapsed after catching the flu back in Nov 17, so seems Avonex hasn’t been working since taking it for about a year. Anyhow I was given three alternative meds to choose to change to and I have opted for Cladribone. I have a week or so still to go before I can start but was wondering if anyone has any experience with this drug and how you have found it??
Thanks, any insights would be fantastic!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@bas76 , try using the Forum Search function (magnifying glass, top left) and searching for Cladribine (or Mavenclad), to locate previous posts that mention this treatment.

highlander
4 months ago

Hi @has76,
Welcome to the club.
Use the magnifying glass top left, use it as you would a search engine.
There are loads of previous articles in there about your med question answered by real people…. us.
Feel free to bitch, moan, ask anything you like but best to have a bit of a laugh sometime.
Keep smiling

condansmum
4 months ago

Hi bas76,
I started cladribine on 13th July. Like you, I was on avonex and had 2 relapses. I initially wanted lemtrada but the waiting list for that here in Glasgow was 6 months and I wanted to do something!
I’m due my second course next week. I have been absolutely fine🙂. No cold sores, no shingles- they seem to be the most common side effects. I felt a bit dodgy after the first few days- like a hangover but totally manageable.
It’s hard to get info about it because it’s so new, but with me it’s so far so good!
Hope this helps
Anna x

chezy17
4 months ago

I was the same, relapse after the flu when I was taking plegridy, due to start Cladribine soon. I’ve had a shingles jab to hopefully counteract developing shingles, I’d pick that over the others at the moment.

bas76
4 months ago

Thanks for all the feedback all, really helpful and re-assuring. I should take delivery of tablets on Thursday and start taking them Friday. I hope it will still be okay to go into work whilst I am taking them I was told should be okay but just make sure desk laptop pc and hands are sanatised regularly. I hope this works as the ms has been beating me up a bit since Dec 😂Thanks again everyone, Love ❤️

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.