Last reply 3 years ago
Iphone 6 Plus for visually impaired

Let me just start by saying I’m not writing this to promote a brand.
I have optic neuritis in one eye since June this year and its still not recovered which makes reading quite difficult without glasses (actually still difficult with glasses sometimes ). I just received an iPhone 6 Plus and when I set it up it had 2 options – standard view or zoomed view. Zoomed view makes all fonts as large as you like on all pages/formats. On my previous phone I could make the font large but it was only with text messages and all websites were still standard size.
I just thought I’d post this to let anyone with visual impairment know as I hadn’t seen this on the apple site when they revealed the new phone.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

jdeeley
3 years ago

Got optic neuritis in my right eye in September 2012 couldn’t see a thing out it.has recovered a little bit but not much it’s still very poorly i can’t see any lights out it or read with it! I phone th eye doctor last week and ask him if I was visual impaired because I was going for a train pass (so I could get better concessions) and he said I wasn’t that i had good enough sight in left eye (which sometimes I get double vision with)if this isn’t visual impaired what is?

chloeautumnx
3 years ago

I have optic neuritis and it still hasn’t cleared. This is great information as I am due an upgrade soon! 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.