Last reply 1 week ago
Intermittent Self Catherterisation

I’ve finally come to accept that this is going to happen. For years I’ve not been fully emptying my bladder and yesterday I finally said to the urologist ‘yes go on then, I’ll try’.
I’ve been putting it off for years now mainly because I’m nervous of doing it. Of course when I say nervous I mean terrified!!

I’m sure it’s the unknown. Can anybody offer me re-assurances please?

I’m lucky that I haven’t had any bladder infections so I am a bit unsure if ISC will increase the risk which too, scares me!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 week ago

@stallionicchampionic , it’s like sex. The first time, you’re not sure what you’re doing or what it will feel like. But, afterwards it becomes second nature and is a blessed relief.

Hygiene is eminently important as this procedure needs to be as aseptic as possible to avoid Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs). UTIs used to frequently bug me, but I was put on to a supplement, D.Mannose, which was proven in clinical trials to reduce the frequency of UTIs.

3973stuart
1 week ago

I was previously getting bladder infections that I wasn’t even aware of due to the lack of feeling I have down there. This led to a huge infection of infections – sweling my testical and urinary tract. After an operation to clear the unknown infection the doctor then prescribed Tamsulosin 400mcg to loosen the muscles to enable me to go for a full wee – not just like an old mans trickle. This is working really well and it even reduced the night time pit stops. The only downfall is I think it also makes orgasms near pointless (unless that’s just another weird coincidence. I hope this helps!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.