Last reply 1 month ago
Interesting article – US drug initiation

Nice that they have numbers in (n=x) and some interesting observations. As a Brit I think that another of the reasons that some people appear to delay treatment may be financial, even if they say otherwise.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/spherix-global-insights-recent-multiple-sclerosis-chart-audit-shows-that-the-current-first-line-opportunity-for-high-efficacy-disease-modifying-therapies-including-genentechs-ocrevus-and-biogens-tysabri-may-be-limited-by-a-sm-300793638.html

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

@dominics , as this is American data, there’s the hoops imposed by the health insurance companies as well.

Who really knows what the key drivers are behind DMT choice?

dominics
1 month ago

@stumbler. I agree, which is why I mention it. The article doesn’t and I think they have missed something. Harder for a consultancy to investigate and measure and may even be perceived as over-political for their audience.

Thank god for the NHS eh?

stumbler
1 month ago

@dominics , totally agree about the NHS. 👍

mlgilber1
1 month ago

So far I’ve been very lucky that my insurance covers it 100%, but if your insurance doesn’t every DMT pretty much has a copay assist program that will usually cover the cost at 100%.

dominics
1 month ago

Whereas in the UK, we pay for nothing. 😉

potter
1 month ago

I believe that it is financial problem for most MSers in the the US. My husband kept working when his friends were retiring because the insurance we could buy from the company paid for my Tecfidera. It would have been $100,000 dollars a year without insurance. I am off Tecfidera now, the latest search says that any DMT might do more harm than good for people over 60 years old. I am 66, my neuro decided it was probably the best thing was for me to quit taking Tecfidera. My husband got to retire, I don’t know what the future holds for me. I guess no one really does. Denice

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.