Last reply 6 years ago
injection time…

i keep putting off doing my injection every morning, such a pain in the arse to get my self to do it! god i hate having ms some times..

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

Gav
6 years ago

I always took my Copaxone injections in the evenings, I didn’t much fancy starting my days with injecting myself. Have you thought about changing the time you inject?

emarshallzo
6 years ago

well i am considering it but its like what if i go out at night i’l’ have big lumps all over me :/

grahamfraser
6 years ago

hey i have been taking copaxone for a while and i not take my injection some times in the morning if i am on a late shift but when i am early shift i take it in the afternoon and it dose get easy after time the way i do if if i feel a lump i use a small massager or an ice pack try this out. hope it helps Zoe.

leanneb
6 years ago

Hiya I inject with rebife I don’t no how many times u have to inject but I do it 3 times a week I do it Monday’s Wednesday’s and den Fridays but if I’m going out I’ll inject either Saturday or Sunday and pick up again then the following week but I inject at night just a half hour before I go to bed it dose play on my mind but it gets part if my nightly routine. And if u put a hot pack on the site before u inject a few mins before it keeps the limps and bumps down and the red marks aren’t so bad. Hope it helps the hot pack really helped me.

G
6 years ago

An autojector might help? I use one for my rebif. You can change the settings so it doesn’t go in so deep and you can’t really see the needle either, a big plus for me!

aoife
6 years ago

I take my injection before I go too, bed, like a post above, it’s just part of my routine. I found myself putting it off, and I even deliberately ‘forgot’ to do it once, it’s not good! I was only on my medication since august and had been feeling so tired that I was sure it wasn’t working, but I had an MRI a few weeks ago and got great results. So I know the medicine is working, it makes it a lot easier when you know it’s doing as it should, and instead of resenting the fact that I had to inject I was thankful that there was something that can help. I do understand what you mean though, I hate having MS too, but try your best to keep positive, and maybe switch to night time injection time. I do have some little red lumps, but they fade after about two days. I hope this helps!

T
6 years ago

Gotta say I’m not surprised people are tempted to skip Copaxone injections if they get the skin reactions I’ve been getting! But I figure I can put up with that if it’s going to help even a little bit in the long run, despite how sore my skin is!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.