redversrose 06/04/18
Last reply 2 weeks ago
Income insurance question

Hi, after a long period off work due to stress and ultimately cognitive issues related to my condition I have been offered income from my company’s income protection insurance. My question is, after being told I may need to be assessed every 6 months what experience do people have if they have this?
Are companies fairly “well MS does not fix so low touch” or do they have stringent tests? my issues have always been that my MS affects me hidden not obvious so proving this is sometimes a battle

Thanks a lot

Steve

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

yvonnemair
2 weeks ago

Hi Redvers rose, I have received Income protection from the company I worked for, for the last sixteen years. In the begining I had to have a medical, but since then, every year I have received a form from the insurance company to fill in and send back, hope this helps.

redversrose
2 weeks ago

thats great thanks

edmontonalberta
2 weeks ago

@redversrose

I am fortunate (not sure if this is the correct word) that my doctor filled out the paperwork so Canada Pension Plan put me on lifetime disability. Since Manulife gets a partial reimbursement from the government, I suspect they will leave me alone.

I did offer to work if Manulife could find me a job with a similar income to what I was making – that I was able to do with my MS challenges; I have it in writing that they told me to go away. I continue to see my Neurologist & other physicians. I have a paper trail so any lawyer could easily defend me.

Email is my friend – that documentation is legal in a court of law… Just in case the insurance company tries something stupid…

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.