Last reply 1 month ago
I'm writing a play!!

Hi!

This is my first post. I’ve had MS for almost 15 years. I was in my early 20’s when I was diagnosed.

I’m a drama practitioner and writer. I’m in the process of writing a funding bid to create a piece of theatre exploring life with MS. I’ve never found a portrayal of MS on screen or stage which I related to. I want to create an authentic and uplifting piece that will give us a voice and a platform.

Part of the early stages will be research, gathering stories and experiences from other people with MS.

If this is something that is of interest to you, please get in touch.

Keep shining folks

Rae x

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

highlander
1 month ago

Hi @raerae
Welcome, I’m sure you’ll find quite a bit of material here.
I wish you luck, I’m sure you’ll pass some of the royalties towards the running of this site 😊
Keep smiling
Feel free to ask

vixen
1 month ago

Hello @raerae, what a fabulous idea. I wrote a post a while back about the fact that there are two characters in TV soaps with a diagnosis and I felt that these didn’t really portray the reality of the life we all know it. Keep us updated with this plan!

watsoncraig
1 month ago

@raerae as highlander says there is plenty material here failing that just ask and help will be forthcoming.

stumbler
1 month ago

@raerae , you could do worse than starting with these short films :-

https://shift.ms/gallop-and-belong-2

You can follow the links for others too.

regj
1 month ago

Hi @raerae, I think this is a brilliant idea and wish you the best of luck with your funding bid. Im an occupational therapist but have experience specifically in research methods used to explore the complexity of health experiences, such as living with MS. So feel free to get in touch if you want input. I’m sure a lot of people on here would be interested to hear how the project progresses, so please let us know how you get on. Hope you get your funding!

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.