michael 09/05/12
Last reply 6 years ago
Identifying symptoms

Hi all, I was diagnosed 6 years ago, started on Avonex and luckily have been symptom free since…or so i think. I am very careful to not put any ailment or tiredness down to MS i.e things like tiredness and forgetting things . I am keen to know how other people differentiate between what is a symptom or what isn’t MS related?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

pecpinto
6 years ago

Hi,
that’s a big problem for me, are all the symptoms related to MS?
there are too many symptoms and they “come out” of different ways…

Becks
6 years ago

to be honest i rule out everything else first and then if its not caused by infection, virus, stress @ work/life factors then i start looking at blaming the ms!!

tracy
6 years ago

Hi Michael, i am new to MS and i was wondering the same thing. i have been getting headaches alot and my friend said it is MS related, but neuroligist said it isn’t. so what is and what isn’t MS. these past 7 months have been hard for me.

daisy
6 years ago

Hi Michael, I was on Avonex for just over a year and found that a lot of the side effects I got from the Avonex were very similar to MS symptoms (aching limbs, fatigue etc.) making it very difficult to identify what was what.

I think Becks approach is really good – rule everything else out first rather than assuming it’s MS – unfortunately having MS doesn’t prevent us from having other problems.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.