Last reply 6 years ago
Identifying symptoms

Hi all, I was diagnosed 6 years ago, started on Avonex and luckily have been symptom free since…or so i think. I am very careful to not put any ailment or tiredness down to MS i.e things like tiredness and forgetting things . I am keen to know how other people differentiate between what is a symptom or what isn’t MS related?

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

pecpinto
6 years ago

Hi,
that’s a big problem for me, are all the symptoms related to MS?
there are too many symptoms and they “come out” of different ways…

Becks
6 years ago

to be honest i rule out everything else first and then if its not caused by infection, virus, stress @ work/life factors then i start looking at blaming the ms!!

tracy
6 years ago

Hi Michael, i am new to MS and i was wondering the same thing. i have been getting headaches alot and my friend said it is MS related, but neuroligist said it isn’t. so what is and what isn’t MS. these past 7 months have been hard for me.

daisy
6 years ago

Hi Michael, I was on Avonex for just over a year and found that a lot of the side effects I got from the Avonex were very similar to MS symptoms (aching limbs, fatigue etc.) making it very difficult to identify what was what.

I think Becks approach is really good – rule everything else out first rather than assuming it’s MS – unfortunately having MS doesn’t prevent us from having other problems.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.