Last reply 4 months ago
id it safe to swim with a cancer patient

hi

i know its a fude question but it came to my mind because next week me and my friends going to a swimming pool one of my friends has been on a chemo therapy for cancer. os it safe to be on same pool woth someone who’s been exposed to chemo for nearly a year…?

sorry for this bizzar question its just because my MS never ever causes me trouble and ive always been paranoid anout pollutants surrounding snd so on i almose feel it caused immune disorder hihi 😅

regatds

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
4 months ago

@nutshell88 , I wouldn’t worry at all. Just shower after you get out of the pool.

tracyd
4 months ago

@nutshell88

For the person who has had the chemo, you are the health hazard. You have an immune system (a badly behaved one …. but it’s there) the person who’s had the chemo – their immune system will be almost none existent – basically you are a big germy plague carrying disease monster in comparison the them.

But as stumbler said. Shower and make sure the pool and your friend are both washed off.
xx

nutshell88
4 months ago

@tracyd
yeah sure my immune is bizarre in an unknown way. but glad it doesnt spread.
my question wasnt about my friend its about the chemo itself because im not sure if it could effect my immune system but as you said the pool and my friend is well washed off hehe and i eat salads and foods she makes it never concerned me. but i just worry these things 😔 thats ive never been on ms treatment for 13 year ir so

nutshell88
4 months ago

@stumbler sure thanks

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.