Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

loulou
5 years ago

So cute, needs to be towed br a errr slightly more “cool” scooter though Ha!

https://www.eta.co.uk/2011/04/17/mobility-scooter-caravan-built-to-beat-royal-wedding-queues/

JustJones
5 years ago

whollop.

that is very very cool!

a friend of mine has organised it so wheelchair users who are still outdoor types can use this locally:

loulou
5 years ago

Justjones
can I ask where you can use these, even better where can you buy them
Am definitely an outdoor type!

loulou
5 years ago

Found the company! cheers

loulou
5 years ago

8 K !!!!

dave-c
5 years ago

Bitchin! I want one! 🙂

JustJones
5 years ago

It’s a inclusive community project…

http://www.walkcolchester.org.uk

The Boma was purchased to enable wheelchair users to go off the beaten track.

It lives at Highwoods Country Park, and can be booked via the Walk Colchester People.

The whole project is pretty cool.

If you don’t have access to anything like this where you live why not share this project with your local community Voluntary Services scheme… and see if they can replicate it.

reddivine
5 years ago

Very cool justjones. they had similar off road super duper wheelies at MSLife 2012. Trouble is they cost about the same as a small HOUSE and something thta size you WOULD need a garage. Probly a driving licence. Elf & Saftey wd probly say you need a helmet too….

JustJones
5 years ago

hi @reddivine,

Yes they are prohibitively expensive for an individual to buy…

Walk Colchester is an inclusive community group and has always tried to do everything possible to ensure walking and spending time outdoors around the town and the surrounding area is possible.

They did loads of fundraising and i think they got match funding from various bodies and built partnerships to enable it to happen. for instance the Borough Council couldn’t pay towards it… but did offer up some resources in terms of housing it safely and securely at their county park and even manage some elements of it’s upkeep (I think).

It’s something that could easily be replicated elsewhere…

(if the council are involved.. then I expect a helmet would be required, knee pads and a sumo suit too, if they had their way!

msue62
5 years ago

That would be great if you needed a rest wouldn’t it! X

reddivine
5 years ago

hmm yes I can see @stumbler bowling along the seafront on one….

stumbler
5 years ago

That might be the answer I need. I’ve been wondering how to get back on the naturist beach, down here in Brighton…….
😎

JustJones
5 years ago

Share the project with your local access group.

It’d only have to take a small buzz, then a few people saying it’s a great idea for it to spiral into a project, snowballing into reality!

I reckon one of these would be awesome on Brighton Beach… looks like it’s got enough torque to go through the stones.

Gingus
5 years ago

I wonder if I can hitch one up to my bike?

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.