mrshawk 16/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
I am going to be just fine.

Does anyone else feel this way? I feel as if this disease won’t ever ruin my life the way I felt it would when I was diagnosed. I have truly convinced myself that it will be nothing more than annoyance as I grow older.

sometimes I feel justified in my feelings and other times when people look at me like I’m crazy when I say “I have MS but don’t worry it is no big deal”- I feel like I’m missing something.

I know full well what this disease CAN do. But I also no SO many people that have had MS for decades and none of the scary stuff has happened to them.

so I choose to believe that will be me as well.

anyone else????

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Attitude is a big thing. So adopting a philosophical approach is a sensible way forward.

Enjoy all the good days and have the attitude that they will continue. Your little man will help you every time he smiles at you. You have a little heart breaker in the making there, if he hasn’t broken a heart or two already!

Enjoy life and see if you can live in harmony with your MS. 😉

tabbycat
3 years ago

You have exactly the right approach ! Enjoy everyday. Big hugs!

cameron
3 years ago

That’s my attitude too. I generally see my cousin once a year – she looks me up and down and says, ‘Well, you’re just the same as you were’. Friends have told me I am more active and do more things than I used to (i.e. following dx). I’ve had MS for 11 year and it gets hard to remember what you were like five or six years ago, but there are some markers – e.g. number of invited guests I have to stay, number of dinner parties I give, number of miles I drive a year, number of holidays, how many lengths I can swim… What are your markers? And when I rationalise it, I can only conclude that any improvement is probably down to attitude and mental health. Getting these right means you are better able to follow an MS-friendly regime. Just my thoughts and well done you! xxx Kay

judy-gy
3 years ago

I know where you are at, I just posted this on the book of face. Achievements for today: walked to the bathroom with 4/5ths of a cup of tea without spilling it (much) cleaned bathroom (well sorta) managed shower without slipping in bath (sorta). Twice this month I went back into work for specific things, after having already done a full day! Not what you’d call achievements? Hey I went to a gig, I’m still high from that achievement. Jx ps I didn’t tell them how pleased I was that I hadn’t pissed on the landing carpet today!

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.