Last reply 1 year ago
How or why we get MS , how it came out!!

Hi all. I have a query and would like some feedback please.

My MS came out when I was 33 and it doesn’t run in my family at all.

It came out a day after I had been on a spin bike. I had been going a few times a week and working very fast, with no guidance as no staff were present. And then a few days after I had numbness around my pelvis, groin area, bottom area, where bike seat is and on soles of feet.

The numbness around waist area went away about ten days or so later. But the feet pain , pins and needles/ numbness stayed for good. Two years later I still have it. In both feet and have had various treatments….

Anyway, what I am getting at is this :

A friend of mine seems to feel that my spine and end of spine called the something bone, was in the wrong position on the bike and therefore, the nerves were damaged and that’s why I got this pain. The bone has three holes on each side. And that had a hit. As I was sitting in the wrong position in the bike. ( I was as wasn’t helped or advised so just guessed ) my seat was too high.

But how is this possible ? Could it be possible and did this bring out the MS that was inside of me for years ??

All doctors I’ve seen have said that the bike was pure coincidence. ( they said the bike and being on it had nothing to do with my feet pain etc ) but my bottom half was definitely numb and probably from a very very hard and uncomfortable bike seat. Does this make any sense to anŷone reading this ??

Any thoughts as to if this did bring out the MS ….. I’m confused. ?????

Thanks xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@pinkyx , as the cause(s) of MS is unknown, you’ll be hard pressed to get an answer to your question.

It may be coincidence, but it is definitely historical, so can’t changed. We have to deal with the present and the future, so don’t worry about the past. 😉

potter
1 year ago

They are researching it DNA studies, diet, child hood illness and many more. MSer’s like me who come from a family with many people with autoimmune diseases think that genetics have something to do with it. I was reading a article by one researcher that thought having a staph infection and being treated with antibiotics when you were a child could be the cause. I had juvenile arthritis when I was 14 and was in and out to the hospital for a year. I took antibiotics for nearly the whole year, I kept running 105 temperature for a week at a time, they didn’t even know if I would live. I had a staph infection in one of the hospitals also. So who knows whether it is genetics, staph infection or high temperature it doesn’t really matter. Like Stumber says you have to deal with today and the future. Potter

cameron
1 year ago

Recognise too, that your anxiety about this is not purely logical. It comes from having a long-term condition which inevitably affects our mental state. We’ve got MS, are deeply troubled by it and our mind is trying to make sense of it all. I’ve been through this and been told definitively by the GP that the process is inevitable. Knowing this helps – it’s not us being stupid, just part of coping. It’s natural to worry but it’s also OK to let go of it all. You’re never going to know the answer – @stumbler and @potter are right – and it’s time to put the question firmly in its box and place at the back of the cupboard. Big hugs xx

pinkyx
1 year ago

Hi all, thank you all for your comments. It’s only because this friend of mine was pursuing the thought that it was then left in my head whirling around like a bee…. so I just thought I’d throw it out there.

I am moving on well and having treatment, so hoping I am getting this under control.

Thank you all or your comments xxxxx much appreciated.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.