Last reply 6 months ago
How it went

Good morning

So I went to my appointment with the neurologist

She was lovely and the appointment itself was painless
However she doesn’t think it’s MS and has discharged me back to the GP with pending MRI of brain and C-spine. She said my neuro exam was pristine although I had hyper reflex in knee??
She didn’t even touch on my lack of urge to urinate (although I have an appointment in June with the urology consultant)
So back to the Gp to request 2nd opinion

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

novemberrain
6 months ago

Keep pushing, you’re the expert as my GP once told me! You know you better so get that second opinion, after Fri results are available. My MS was not observed during the routine they put you through. Only by mri really and optic neuritis aged 21, 20 years ago. Good luck.

curious-one
6 months ago

My neuro couldn’t fault me physically and I didn’t even have the oligoclonal bands either. MRI however wasn’t too good :/

stumbler
6 months ago

@wonders , so she’s discharged you and you have an MRI scan pending! Who authorised the MRI?

I wonder if this is just belt’n’braces to confirm the discharge. It just seems a strange way to do things.

Or perhaps I misunderstood…………………

aabreu
6 months ago

You would think the MRI would have been scheduled prior to the long awaited visit to the Neuro.

wonders
6 months ago

@stumbler
I’m going back to the GP because I don’t quite understand myself.

On reflection i don’t feel satisfied..
who will my results go to? Cos if it’s her how will I get them with no follow up!
I think I was just so overwhelmed I wasn’t thinking straight.

The neuro said she was ordering it at the appt yesterday.
I’ll call them Friday to establish if it’s been ordered and then see my GP.

stumbler
6 months ago

@wonders , hopefully your Doctor will get a report from your Neuro, which you can discuss with them.

wonders
6 months ago

@stumbler

Do you think I should wait at least a week for the report to come back or go see the Gp sooner rather than later? Xx

stumbler
6 months ago

@wonders , can you phone your Doctor and speak to them?

You really need to know when the Neuro’s report comes in and if they will chase it if it doesn’t come in quickly. Once they have received the report, then you can arrange the appointment to discuss it.

So, you need their suggestions and timescales………..

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.