keels 10/02/18
Last reply 2 months ago
Holiday insurance

Can anyone recommend a good holiday insurance please. Diagnosed with ms last year and my packaged bank account want to charge me £180 to cover me.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@keels , if you Google “ms and travel insurance”, you’ll find a few hits that you could try………..

chezy17
2 months ago

I went on money supermarket, didn’t cost me alot 😊.

hank
2 months ago

HI, i like you have a packaged bank account with the nat west which boasts free world wide travel insurance , but when you factor in my M.S. and my wifes rapid heartbeat costs an extra 200 pound a year , but i figure it is worth it as we go to U.S.A. and if i fall and break anything thecosts would be horrendous. One thing to be wary off though , i was prescribed baclofen some time ago but dont take now , but still on prescription so insurance company took it into consideration.so check your prescription before getting quotes and any meds you dont take now get gp to take off. finally i amsure i could get cheaper insurance , but this a good policy and we may need it one day.
yours
martin hankins

wrinkly
2 months ago

I used the Allclear Travel Insurance Website. I got worldwide cover for a year. It cost me £162.90 which I thought was quite reasonable – I have PPMS.

geordie57
2 months ago

Hi @keels. I used staysure travel insurance when I went to menorca last year. £50 .

keels
2 months ago

Thank you everyone for your help re this. I am still looking into it. Personally l think travel companies are exploiting people with Ms in order to make a quick profit x

tessa
2 months ago

Hi @keels
Insurance With are highly recommended . Started by a woman who had cancer and found insurance prohibitively expensive. I know people who have used them for a variety of conditions and apparently they are empathetic and knowledgeable .
Which makes a change from most insurance companies who appear to know nothing but have a check list . Good luck

strictlysoca
2 months ago

My experience with the bank account add on was that I could get the whole family including the adult kids a year USA included policy with natural disaster cover for less. See money saving expert website for some recommendations for people with prexisting conditions. Happy travels

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.