tam1983 23/02/15
Last reply 3 years ago
Hi everyone, newbie here :)

Hi, my name is Tamara 🙂
I’m new to this grouped, great to be here. I’m happy that have found this group 🙂 it’s nice to have people who are going through similar issues to talk too!!! I’ve been diagnosed with SPMS only since November 2014, my severe symptoms started 6 months after having my daughter, (my first baby) definitely a scary, depressing moment in my life. After reviewing my MRI, my Neurologist assumes that I’ve had MS for years, due the number of lesions (10 overall). Weird on how I never put a disease to what I was experiencing. I’ve had 4 relapses since giving birth in April of last year. I’ve finally started Copaxone after battling the insurance companies, so fingers crossed that this helps 🙂
Well it’s nice to be here 🙂

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
3 years ago

Hi, tam1983 , ‘m glad you found us, although not pleased that you have a reason to find us. 😕

This is still all new to you, so you probably have a multitude of questions that you want answered. Well, We’re here to help on that front.

I do have a question about your exact diagnosis. Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS) doesn’t usually involve relapses, per se.

There’s a comparison of the different type of MS here :-

http://www.mssociety.org.uk/what-is-ms/types-of-ms

Also, Disease modifying Drugs (DMDs) aren’t usually prescribed for SPMS, as their role is to reduce the number and severity of relapses, which aren’t a feature of SPMS.

It’s a minor point, MS is MS…….

So, take a seat, put your feet up and have a look around. Join in where you feel and pose any questions. we’re a friendly and informal bunch. 😉

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hi Tamara, glad you have found us. This place has been a god send and I have learnt so much here – just ask and some one will have some advice to share !

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.