sparkie 22/03/18
Last reply 4 weeks ago
Hi Everyone

Let me introduce myself, my name is Gary and do have M.S. since 1994 with weakness to my right side and drop foot . Thank God, since that time, was able to do the things I was able to do, for as I grow younger (lol) as the years go by, was put on baclofen for restless shaking of right foot, which has helped me alot, for no longer any restless shaking. Still able to work part time, for fatigue has set in, so take amphetamine salt combo, which help me with ”peep” , like a 5 hr energy drink!!! Wear a foot scientific brace for drop foot, which works pretty good. Do keep abreast of latest MS medication and see my neuro-doc every 6 months and we chat on new treatment & tests for MS. Do exercises and try to eat a balance diet, for love to cook which helps me and a drawback of over eating good food…lol

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

aabreu
4 weeks ago

Hi sparky. Welcome to the internet. Good folks here. I’m a newb in comparison. Diagnosed in 2016. But my MRI seems to indicate a much longer history. I don’t remember any MS symptoms though. Except my bad memory.

sparkie
4 weeks ago

Awww thank you for welcoming me to the group. I see good folks here, for reading the post of good people here πŸ™‚
I’m a upbeat person, for first 2 years after being diagnosis, ”no way” I have MS, but reality set in and over the years, came to accept this. With that been said, ”do I let this condition control me or I control the condition” mental attitude, and I choice the latter as much as I can.
I did studies in college back in late 90’s, and read and learn of alternate ways to overcome or fight this condition, for has help me through the years. Knowing there is no ”final” cure for MS as of right now, to me and hopefully to others with this condition, to keep fighting and ”not give in” or ”give up” for live each day and appreciate the time with others πŸ™‚

stumbler
4 weeks ago

Hi @sparkie and welcome.

I’m sure a lot of members will read your reference to “amphetamine salt combo” with interest, as a potential treatment for fatigue.

Now, one such drug is Adderal, which is linked to addiction and reports of stroke and sudden death. This wouldn’t be available in the UK.

Another possibility is Modafinil (Provigil). Possibly a better option.

Which do you take over in the States?

By the way, nice positive attitude. πŸ™‚

vixen
4 weeks ago

Hello @sparkie, good to meet you. It’s great when somebody joins who is an β€˜old hand’ at MS and has a positive spin on things. I guess since your dx there have been loads of developments in research and treatment. Glad you found Shift, it’s been one of the highlights of the past year for me! X

sparkie
4 weeks ago

Hiya Vixen πŸ™‚

Glad to meet you & welcome me aboard this site πŸ™‚
Yes, you can call me a ”old hand” but really ”old ”young” hand, for even though will be 58 come August & even though slowing down through age & this condition of MS, still and feel young at heart πŸ™‚
Viewing the comments of others, this looks like a positive helpful site that we could all help each other πŸ™‚
Yes, over the last 7 or 8 years, been going for trial treatments of updated medication and research with my MS doctor and always reading up on new development through the computer and MS Society magazine, which has a lot of researches of different stages of MS.
Thank you Vixen for the welcome and like you said, ”highlights” in the years to come πŸ™‚ hugs, gary

sparkie
4 weeks ago

Hiya Stumbler,
Want to say thank you for welcoming me aboard πŸ™‚
Yes, amphetamine salt combo is the generic of Adderal at a much lower cost and has help me with fatigue over the last 2 yrs. For, didn’t know it is not available in U.K. and the possible side effects of strokes or even death, for been taken for over 2 yrs when needed, for I do not take it everyday, for as needed only.
I live in the states (Florida) and will ask my MS doc about Modafinil (Provigil) come my next appointment in May. Thank you for the option of medication.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.