silentguardianangel 14/03/18
Last reply 1 week ago
Hi

I was diagnosed in 2008, I’m so tired of being tired. I miss working. I’m 43 years. I had hopes and dreams. But that went away. Can anyone offer words of hope. There are days I feel like God has forgotten me. I have talked people out suicide, mentored others. But helping myself. Friends say I miss calling, I should have been psychologist. Looked into too expensive and the work load so heavy my MS would not allow me such heavy academic load. MS doesn’t cause death, but it takes quality of life. Any words of hope would be appreciated. Ty

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @silentguardianangel and welcome.

I can understand your feelings. I liken MS to the living death, it’s taken a lot of me but wants me to survive. It is an insidious condition.

But, it is what it is and we have to work with what we’ve got. There’s a place/role for all of us. We just have to find it.

What’s your family life like? Partner, children, etc?

potter
1 month ago

You sound like you haven’t found or accepted your new life. My husband and I have accepted that our life isn’t going to be totally predictable. Today I went grocery shopping, but I am too tired to put them away. So I am going to leave them on the counter and let my husband do it when he gets home from work. It is really quite amusing to watch him, he is not very good at it so I get quite tickled watching. Who knew being too tired to put groceries away could be so much fun. Potter

grandma
1 month ago

I went through something similar a few years ago, I found something I could do. I volunteer at my local children’s hospice, I am 61, those children are never going to grow up, go out on their first date, try the’re first fag behind the bike shed, suffer through A levels, walk down the aisle I could go on. I have had my life (but long may I continue) but there is always someone worse off than us.

vixen
1 month ago

Hello @silentguardianangel. Maybe you could try retraining in the counselling, psychotherapy route? I have big questions like you too. But I have to say, I spent yesterday looking at quotes from the late, great Stephen Hawking and feel so inspired and lifted that I feel I have no room for grumbling about my niggles today! MS does try to assault the quality of life, but it’s human nature to want to fight, and fight we must……x

californiadreamin
1 month ago

@silentguardianangel There is much to be hopeful for with this disease today compared to some years ago. Consider getting a copy of overcoming multiple sclerosis. I think you can even get it for free in the UK if you dont have one. What DMT’s are you taking? Many say that helps with with tiredness if it gets the disease under control

bonang1975
1 month ago

Gidday Ty beleive me i know where ya coming from i had such high expectations of my life but they have been shattered. I used to sckateboard snowboard skydive all the adrenalin sports but now its all about a good show on tele but you know what? It is still a great life i have 2 beautiful girls now have a wife that just cant do enough for me. Even thogh this ms s$^# rules us now dont let it win. you do what you can and make every day count. We deserve it to👍

bonang1975
1 month ago

Sorry i thought your name was Ty im Anthony anyway

edmontonalberta
1 month ago

@silentguardianangel

Reading between the lines; you are bored…

Can you financially afford your new life? If so, spread your wings & fly “with a crippled wing”. Seriously. Focus your energy on things that make you happy; only have relationships with those good for you – reject everyone else.

If not, find a career with health benefits; they are important. Hopefully the job is enjoyable & fulfilling. But take care of you first; you are #1.

Life is a journey & we all know the destination. Enjoy the trip… 😉

cameron
1 month ago

I like to discipline myself into having a fixed time each day when I read about/post/think about MS. Then back it goes in its box. There’s always a tomorrow to take it out again but for the remainder of the day it’s time to get on with everything else. xx

Researching different online schools, I could have done a lot more without MS. But realize there is purpose in all this.

heavenly18
1 week ago

Hi I did my postgrad online and received lots of support unexpectedly as I was struggling with remembering what I had read and organising myself. The uni picked up on these difficulties associated with my MS. I had a mentor to support me and keep me on track. Find out if you can access similar support through DSA. I was in a similar rutt to you but decided if I don’t use it I will lose it. Also try meditation….stay positive-message me if you need any further support x

edmontonalberta
1 week ago

@silentguardianangel

Glad to hear you are working on Plan B – some years I also go through Plan C & D… LOL

I played in a Senior’s Slo-Pitch league until spine surgery & MS said time to quit.

Since I am a sociable person, players confided to me personal things they went through in their life. The things I am going through is minor in the overall scheme of things.

Knowing this helps me keep things in perspective…

I feel guilty for even complaining about my situation because I know it could be a lot worse. About 2 years before i was diagnosed, i woke up to my daughter deceased because of SIDS. But made peace that she is in heaven. But sometimes you just get tired of all those curve balls of life. You just ask God to give you a break to breathe before allowing the next one. But maybe he thinks I am stronger than I do. Smile.

wildredphoenix
1 week ago

Have hope. I was diagnosed in 2000 when I was a 22 year old single mom. Fast forward to 2015 when after going back to school for 3 years I finished up my last 2 years of college to get a bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering! Not easy but lots of schools will help people with disabilities if you ask. I was provided with extra time to take tests in a quiet room close to a bathroom. You can do it!

beefree
1 week ago

“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” (Viktor Frankl, 1946)

Sorry you’re feeling weary. Victor Frankl’s ‘Our Search for Meaning’ is a life-changing book that might provide some solace.

Sending you love x

beefree
1 week ago

Do also consider the emotional cost of a career supporting others. My neurologist thinks there’s a relationship between emotional stress and MS. Tending to the emotional troubles of others might give you a chance to rationalise your own feelings, it might also trap your experience in a lens of distress. Choose to lighten your life. x

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.