Last reply 5 months ago
Hello everyone

I was diagnosed in 2016 and it has been a bit difficult to cope with and accept MS. I don’t know how to feel. I am angry a lot more, extremely emotional, forgetful, and have struggle at times with getting words out. I’m thinking the word and saying it in my mind but, it’s hard sometimes getting it out. I suffer from fatigue almost all the time and my legs and feet are achy after doing what I normally would do like clean my apartment, coming home after work and walking long distances. It has been a struggle emotionally, mentally and physically for me. I’ve always been overly emotional; I’ve been told it all my life but, since being diagnosed my emotional state and mood swings have shifted immensely and I’m having trouble controlling it at times. Not being mobile is a huge fear of mine because of seeing my mom lose her mobility. I’ve been starting and stopping yoga or stretching forever. I need some help. Any opinions and thoughts are more than welcome.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

peterfrancis
5 months ago

Hi Jennifer

Your symptoms are identical to mine in many ways.

I too have difficulty in getting my words out, in my head I have what I want to say all in order but physically I can’t get it all out as quickly as normal.
Very frustrating isn’t it?.

I’d carry on with the Yoga but only if you feel able to do it, don’t push yourself too much.

stumbler
5 months ago

@jenniferdiaz1188 , cognition problems are symptomatic of MS, especially word blindness.

You might also want to look up the PseudoBulbar Affect (PBA), another symptom, which does effect our emotions :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/pseudobulbar-affect-pathological-laughing-and-crying

I agree with @peterfrancis, do keep on with the yoga. It is a gentle form of exercise and improves your suppleness and spiritual well-beingg,

jenniferdiaz1188
5 months ago

Thank you @peterfrancis Yes! It is extremely frustrating and @stumbler I think I will look into that! I truly appreciate your responses.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.