honeybunny 03/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Hello – and thank you…

Hi! I’m new to this forum, but not new to ms – I was diagnosed in 2000 and despite the plethora of drugs for symptoms and starting on dmds I have fought to ignore having ms for quite a long time, but upon finding this forum I am starting to wonder why! What an amazing source of support and inspiration you guys are! I’m about to post a question, but I’d like to help anyone else where ever I can – hope I can help contribute to this forum, ms can get lonely when you’re trying to go it alone!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

Hi @honeybunny
I’m new here like you, and I was feeling extremely down about it all, I’ve posted some messages had some great responses and in particular some private messages and responses that has completely changed my mindset about it all.
From reading and researching Ms, I’ll use my neuros quote here ‘to an extent that I have never encountered’
I came across this forum as the most sensible and upbeat, which I guess is what everyone needs, long may it continue

2 years ago

You’re very welcome, @honeybunny . Kick off your shoes, put your feet up and have a look around. 😉

2 years ago

Thanks chaps, I’ve been feeling a little down about it all too lately, its great to know that this site has been able to help!

2 years ago

I know the feeling, it’s easy to go up and down and I’ve only started this since December, I think it’s the unknown
But I guess this place helps with making the unknown a little more normal

2 years ago

Hold out for science!

I did. I was always an extremely positive person (so much so my own sister could only take small doses 🙂 ) but in 2013 and early 2014 I was losing so much to MS that I started to lose some hope too.

It was really hard to handle for an extreme optimist but reality was stronger than my positive outlook.

Then science worked it magic and Lemtrada was approved. My life has improved DRAMATICALLY over the past 12 months since my first 5 days of treatment in 2014. I blogged about my experience here:

This drug might not be everyone’s cup of tea (personal preferences) but I can honestly say that after being diagnosed almost 12 years (Aug 2003) I feel like I have 0 to nearly 0 MS symptoms.

I didn’t think this was possible but science is amazing. Hold out hope and keep fighting. You will find your solution- things can improve!

Keep Hope Alive!

Take care,

2 years ago

This place has been a Godsend for me too and is the sanest place I know, as there are such a range of experiences, ages and outlooks. Keep in touch and remember there is future for all of us!

2 years ago

Welcome to shift 🙂

We all have our moments and mechanisms for coping and blowing off steam, this site is a community of people who have MS or have someone who has MS and we support each other in a positive way.

It isn’t the end of the world, it’s MS and it’s rubbish but education, information, understanding and a few smiles it is a great place to get support

Enjoy xx

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.