Last reply 3 years ago
Headache Hell

Does anyone else suffer from bad headaches ? If you do, have you found anything that helps get rid of them. Im taking Dosulipin as a muscle relaxant and any other over the counter painkiller going, but nothing works. I have a full time job and im finding it hard to cope, please help. xx

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

danigirl01978
3 years ago

I take 400mg ibuprofen and 2 x 15/500mg Co codamol, this sometimes eases off the pain but been told it’s more for a pain headache than a normal headache if that makes any sense as when I get em it’s like someone is stabbing me in the head constantly which isn’t a normal headache it’s an ms thing lol! If that doesn’t work I just have to go to bed. I like you work and know how hard it is but maybe try speaking to your gp or ms nurse about it and see if they can help.
Good luck xxx

stumbler
3 years ago

@collywobbs71 , yes discuss this situation with your MS Nurse. It’s important to find the cause of the pain. Is it a normal type of headache or is it a form of neuropathic pain?

The medications are different dependant on that answer. Normal analgesics do not touch neuropathic pain.

danigirl01978
3 years ago

I also take meds for neuropathic pain, am on pregablin. Like @stumbler said ms nurses will be able to help you.
There are a lot of times when nothing seems to work for me except rest but that isn’t always an option.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.