xristov11 29/09/14
Last reply 3 years ago
HBOT ( Hyperbaric oxygenation treatment)

I hope everyone from the UK with MS is aware of the 65 MS Therapy Centres around the UK providing HBOT.
The centres began 30 year ago with one in Dundee. Over the last 30 years there have been in excess of 2.8 million hours of HBOT involving in excess of 20,000 people with MS. The 30 year experience at the centres has shown that 80% of those who start HBOT and continue, derive benefit in the management of their symptoms. I have used HBOT weekly with benefit for 30 years. It is not a cure and it does not repair existing damage but long-term, regular use of HBOT is shown to slow down the progression of the pathology. In other words we can stay upright longer. So obviously the earlier one starts HBOT following the discovery of MS the better. I attend the Sussex MS Treatment Centre in Southwick – see mssussex.com and 80 people come to the centre every week for HBOT. HBOT can be used to treat other neurological conditions such as autism and cerebral palsy and also stroke victims. I am happy to answer any questions by email. Regards Christopher

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Hi, that sounds really interesting. I was just talking to a friend who had seen the benefits for a friend with ms, but I don’t know what it is. I am english but living abroad and I wonder if it has any other names- I’ll try anything that keeps me upright into my dotage !

stumbler
3 years ago

@tabbycat ,

You could try these people :- http://www.multiplesklerose.ch/

Or Google “HBOT Switzerland”. There seems to be a few places……

graham100
3 years ago

Iv just contacted a place called charms, in Chelmsford Essex. Iv just got to get my gp to sign a form to say I’m ok to go in, then I will give it a go, as all I do is sit and watch tv at mo, I might as well give it a go,lol

Anonymous
3 years ago

I have recently started oxygen therapy, luckily enough through my local m.s therapy centre in Rotherham. It has definitely helped with my fatigue levels during the week. I would give it a big thumbs up, even more so, if your lucky enough to live nearby a centre, which has it available.

rhymenocerous
3 years ago

Hi Christopher,
I’d be interested to read the evidence behind HBOT, could you post anything you have? – I’ve thought about it before, but I’d like to read some papers/trials etc.

Many Thanks.

tabbycat
3 years ago

Dear @stumbler , you are a gem! I will see what I can find before my lovely Swiss health insurance gives out in May ( a very long, very tedious tale).

stumbler
3 years ago

@tabbycat , I’m not the gem, Google is! 😉

katfight
3 years ago

@xristov11 I remember stumbler mentioned this a while back, I was interested in finding out more but then never did. I am now wondering this again and I have tried to find out if there is something close by me which does. I can’t bring myself to attend the ms society tho (its a 100 metre walk from my office, if that) as I’m struggling with coming to terms with the diagnosis. So my question is are there other places that you can go for this, ive googled it and found there are but is it the same thing.. not sure if any of you would know this? I’m eager to find something that wud help improve my eyesight, balance and bladder.. i don’t have issues with bladder control but it is painful to urinate most mornings, this only came about since diagnosis last year. Thank you

stumbler
3 years ago

@katfight , HBOT isn’t just used for MS. It’s the same set-up which is used to treat other ailments, e.g. sports injuries, etc.

It just involves breathing pure oxygen, whilst under pressure.

graham100
3 years ago

Some clever bod mate told me that because your bones are hollow, they are full of air which changes in density and the compression chamber re,energises, by this time I had lost the will to live, but I am seeing my neurologist today so will ask her to sign the form, then ill have a go, also find out what she thinks about me stopping all my drugs 8weeks ago??

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.