Last reply 5 years ago
Hating this cold weather

Y can’t I get warm? Had to keep in front of the radiator at work and I still felt cold, from the waist downwards!! What is going on I wonder…..

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

pottypete
5 years ago

It’s called winter. lol

I hate it too. If I get cold I sieze up, then it takes ages to warm up again.

stumbler
5 years ago

Your brain say you’re cold, but is your lower half physically cold to the touch?

This is where MS plays around with us. The messages from the nerve endings aren’t being received correctly by the brain. So, your brain could be telling you that certain parts are cold or have pins’n’needles, etc. but physically you do not have a problem.
Frustrating or what? 😈

jamms
5 years ago

deffo frustratin and I want to wrap myself up in a duvet, but don’t think that would go down too well at work lolz. I’ve even thought of buying a sheepskin coat, do u remember those, the Afghans!!!

andyb
5 years ago

My legs are on top of the oil heater and they’re still feeling cold!

jamms
5 years ago

Be careful @andyb u don’t fry!! But I know exactly how ur feelng!

jamms
5 years ago

do we need a group hug? lol

andyb
5 years ago

what? that would mean going out from under this cover! take a virtual one…. {hug} 🙂

jamms
5 years ago

lolz thanks back at you…..just got home and av got my duvet!!!

loulou
5 years ago

I am on the web 12 inches from my roaring log fire! lovely and warm but still got freezing cold feet
I want an electric blanket on my bed but husband says “no way” at least I get a hot water bottle every night, God I sound like an old woman Ha !!!

jamms
5 years ago

@loulou I luuuuuurve hot water bottles and roaring fires!!! at least you have your hubby to bring the hot water bottle for you. You lucky lady lol

cameron
5 years ago

I am sitting cocooned in my (electric) throw. Blissfully warm and cheaper than keeping the heating up.

tanya
5 years ago

I hate the cold too, I tuck my flannel pjs into my socks at night..

highheeledfagin
5 years ago

I walk around with a hot water bottle, and have to sleep with two -one for the feet and one to hold – and just can’t seem to sleep for anything less than 11 hours.

dave-c
5 years ago

Im sat with my heater on and im wearing gloves. Can’t wait for summer! 🙂

jasfromtas
5 years ago

Feel for you guys, hate the cold (though to be sure, my version of ‘cold’ probably differs from yours…)
Currently in a heat wave here in Melbourne, 15days over 30’C and still going strong.
Personally think somewhere in between would be nice…
🙂 Jas

kellixbean1983
5 years ago

Ha I got my heat pad 🙂

Gingus
5 years ago

I ride my bike a lot in all weathers and I’ve just found out about merino wool sock recently which help keep my feet warm in minus temperatures on the way to work and I used to get painfully cold feet really quickly, works for me and I can’t recomend them highly enough! they can be a bit expensive but if you look around on amazon then you can get them cheaper!
Not to advertise or anything but if you type “baa baa socks” into a search then you can find them, that the product name and not the company name. Hope this helps

reddivine
5 years ago

Fleecy throw round me legs, specially evenigns, watchin TV! Layers of clothes. And bad circulation in extremities is another reason for cold feet.

loulou
5 years ago

I wear a moleskin goose and duckdown coat all day sooooo warm also recently have bought ski base layers, so comfortable and warm, good investment! just gotta sort my feet out, I must buy some more foot hotties, expensive but toasty feet all day
ROLL ON THE SPRING the Daffs are a welcome sight! x

cameron
5 years ago

My best buy ever: an electric throw for the lounge. It’s quite big, wraps right round you several times, saves keeping the central heating on all day and costs pennies to run.

jamms
5 years ago

wow u r all lookin toastie, am gonna look into some of the great tips guys thnx

oskar
5 years ago

13.5 tog goose down quilt makes bedtime more attractive than ever

angeshiftms
5 years ago

stumbler
5 years ago

They look nice, @angeshiftms. Just remember you’ve got your feet in them if you have to rush to the loo! 😆

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.