Last reply 2 months ago
Hands

Hello, does anyone else suffer with pins and needles in your hands and pain. Especially in this never ending humid weather. How do you cope ? I’ve tried all sorts but nothing seems to ease it.
Roll on winter… I used to love the sun 😒

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
2 months ago

@lookey , pins’n’needles are a common complaint with MS.

Given your comments, can I assume that you have an intermittent problem? If so, it’s your body telling you that you’re doing something it doesn’t like. You need to identify this cause and avoid it. It could be something simple, like your core body temperature increasing in this weather, being over-tired, etc..

We need to learn to “listen to our bodies”……

lookey
2 months ago

@stumbler It’s constant. I have always had pins and needles on my left side. It has now started in my right leg and foot. It was intermittent in my left hand. But now it seems constant in both hands and pain. When I pick something up with either hand it’s like an electric shock. Only time it subsides is when the temperature or humidity drops. I work in an office and type a lot. I try to keep cool but it’s difficult. Cold water. Ice pack. …

stumbler
2 months ago

@lookey. have a read of this article. It explains the problem and provides some suggestions for relief :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/altered-sensations

Discuss this problem with your MS Nurse in the first instance.

lookey
2 months ago

@stumbler… thanks.. I did talk to her about it and she just said some people are affected by the heat and I should just try and keep cool and drink plenty. Some days tho it just does my head in. Just another thing I have to put up with I suppose!! …. I just wondered if anybody else had the same problem 😎

stumbler
2 months ago

@lookey , I suffer from horrendous burning in my feet, almost 24/7.

I take 300mg Pregabalin to try and take the edge off it. I’m not sure if it does take the edge off though! 😕

lookey
2 months ago

@stumbler I feel your pain.. bloody MS!! 😡

tracyd
2 months ago

@lookey

Wouldn’t descrive so much as pins and needles, more a constant ‘vibration’ in my left hand, that feeling when you’re holding your phone on silent and the vibration kicks off for an incoming call …. except it never stops.

To be honest, the only thing I’ve ever done is have the occasional herbal smoke in the evening, a tiny amount which makes the buzzing stop for a few hours. I’ve done this twice this year and the rest of the time I just live with it.

I’m not one for taking a medication for something I can find an alternative for. I generally find the side effects of a med are worse than the problem they’re supposed to address.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.