Last reply 1 year ago
Hair falling out from IVSM??

Is this normal, like in handfulls. Just had my first 5 day IVSM treatment for an acute flare up. (My first) Was diagnosed in the hospital on 4/4/17. The IVSM worked (I guess) even though I feel like I went through a wood chopper, today I can stand, talk, not pee myself and swallow again (pureed foods, yum).

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

Hi @taraeiram and welcome.

There’s a list of side effects from the methylprednisolone here :-

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/methylprednisolone-side-effects.html

Let your medical team know if the hair loss doesn’t stop in the next couple of days.

Your flare up was caused by an inflammation on your Central Nervous System (CNS). The Steroids will look to address this inflammation to allow your recovery (remission) to be made.

It’s too early to say how well the Steroids have worked as you’ve only just finished the course. It is possible to get an immediate high and feel like superwoman. But, this can be followed by the “Steroid Crash”, where you return to where you were.

Usually, recovery is made over the following 6 – 8 weeks.

No two people are the same and no two people experience similar problems with their MS and their treatment. This diagnosis is still very fresh for you, which in itself may be causing problems.

Just take it easy and give yourself time to come to terms with what’s gone on.

taraeiram
1 year ago

Thanks doll, I appreciate it. This has been a whirlwind. 🙂

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.