lina 01/10/14
Last reply 3 years ago
GP appointment

Went to see GP to discuss about changing my meds from Gabapentin to Topiramate but after discussion with him decided to stay on Gabapentin he didn’t persuade me or asked to me to why but now debating whether I should have changed to it my legs have be stiff dumb and tingling neuro wanted me change to Topiramate because my burning has not improved with my Gabapentin but I need to reduce Gabanpentin while I am taking Topiramate at night but my legs and back are aching like mad in fact got onto a physio who does neurophysiotherapy to see if I can sort it out but next available appt is next Friday as they are so busy better than waiting for NHS so going to ring GP to have a go at changing meds but just hate being on all these meds also school want to see me again regarding review about going my to work.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

@lina , we have to trust our medical team to act in our best interests. When it comes to pain management, it really is a case of finding the drug and dosage to do the job for you. There is always going to be a period of trial and error, as different drugs work for different people.

We can’t ignore their professional advice as, unfortunately, we need them more than they need us! 😕

Your school is just following usual practice, to stay in touch with you to see how you’re progressing. It’s part of the procedure.

3 years ago

@stumbler Thanks for your help booked another appointment online with GP for tomorrow to talk to him prperly

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.