freddygiguere 20/04/18
Last reply 1 month ago
Good things to keep doing

Hey there I’ve been wrongly diagnosed for 5 years and fully diagnosed in January 2017 and I’ve found out that my medication Avonex needles come with bad side effects and we’ve tried to counter act the effects and the doctor final step was CBD concentrated medical cannibus oil. It has worked wonders I don’t lose my sight as much my legs are working decent now since I’ve been unable to walk without crutches for a year and I don’t shake or have tremors anymore. Another step I took was physio therapy to learn to walk without feeling my feet since I can’t feel them as well as I’ve been going to the gym 4 days a week to work out not only my legs but rest of my body. I started off at 20lbs leg press in reps of 10 three times in a row with 30 second pause in between. I currently doing 300lbs leg press in reps of 10 three times in a row. All I can say for advice is don’t let MS define you. It’s just a disease in you it’s not you so keep pushing and stick together and we will win the fight against MS!!! Need to talk to someone just to vent or anything I’m here πŸ™‚ take care and stay positive!!!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

stumbler
1 month ago

Hi @freddygiguere and welcome.

A positive mental attitude is always a good starting point to manage MS.

freddygiguere
1 month ago

Hi @stumbler

Yes very good attitude and like I said what’s the point of letting a disease define you! It’s your life not ms life. So stay positive

rachaellouise
1 month ago

@freddygiguere
Yes we will all stick together ! πŸ˜ŠπŸ™πŸ’ͺ all in it together !! Our voices will not be lost x xxx
Can I ask you a bit about this CBD

Where do you get it from ?
Are their any side effects ? I heard it was different to cannabis
Does it make you sleepy ? And can it calm your anxiety ?
Thanks

Rachael x

freddygiguere
1 month ago

@rachaellouise. Of course.

I get it from CannTrust in Ontario Canada. You have to get a prescription from a doctor and then they give you company names and prices and stuff. There is no side effect since the CBD only effect your nerves so in a way kinda like opens up the nerves system and in the concentrated CBD oil it’s only has 0.1% THC the THC is what you find in street drugs and gets you high. But street drugs are spiked with other stuff and THC % can be from 50% and up. Since the medical cannibus is grow in a safe environment there is no chemicals in it unlike the street cannibus. So you don’t get high off of it. Yes you can get sleepy or cure anxiety but that’s more psychological which means you would need a prescription for more THC% in the cannibus.

THC= brain( anxiety, stress, depression etc.) psychological stuff
CBD= nerves( shakes or tremor, pain relief, returning sensations. Etc.) physical stuff

Hope that helps 😁

freddygiguere
1 month ago

I’m sure there is medical cannibus license business in the areas where you live. So the company names the doctor would give you would be in your area.

freddygiguere
1 month ago

@rachaellouise

If you go for the THC here some info. For the THC is clean THC no chemicals or stuff like that in it so it’s still a high but it’s not major like the street drugs it’s well regulated. I’ve tried it to help sleep since I can’t sleep but I did not like it personally just cause of the feeling of a heavy head. But it’s safe. Just like all the medical cannibus you can get it’s safe do to well regulated environment and legal safety decisions and processes.

If you need anything else you are more hen welcome to ask me πŸ™‚

jenniferdiaz1188
1 month ago

Hi @freddygiguere it’s nice to meet you! I am new here and was diagnosed in 2016 and I have just begun sharing my story and being more vocal about MS. I have trouble with my legs as well; they are constantly restless and are quick to give out on me. I like your positive outlook on things, that truly is awesome and I strive to be more positive. I have been smoking Marijuana since I was a teen but, in the past two years, I have noticed that it helps with my legs, when I can’t fall asleep, it gives me an appetite when I don’t have one. Wow! How was that? Walking without feeling your feet? I afraid of not being able to use my legs.

freddygiguere
1 month ago

@jenniferdiaz1188

You would seen better improvement if you used the medical cannibus since they concentrate it on what you need. Well it’s complicated but when your feet are on the ground you feel pressure on your knees so you know your foot is all the way down lol it was hard but it works now lol. I get that scary I felt the same way, I have a friend who’s dad has ms and is paraplegic so he’s wheelchair bound but seeing him motivates me to not become like that. So I push myself and keep my muscle in my legs in shape so I can slow it down if it will happen.

dinnerlady
1 month ago

Hi Freddy just started c.d oil am hoping it will help with my mobility using two crutches at the moment still can.t get about much even having trouble getting about the house things seem to be declining quickly so fingers crossed how long were u taking it before u noticed any improvement

freddygiguere
1 month ago

@dinnerlady

Hey πŸ™‚ a month before I noticed improvements in my legs but like my shaking and little things like that I noticed immediately . After around 2months I got rid of my crutches and started to use a cane and then around 4-5 months I stop using all walking assistance equipment. But it wasn’t just cuz of the CBD oil, you will need to excersise like even if just going for walks. It’s hard and drains you but I did three walks a day 1 morning 1 afternoon and 1 evening. Also went to the gym and went to massage therapy and physio therapy. But just hang it there and keep thriving for the sky and you’ll make it πŸ™‚

mermaidia11
1 month ago

That’s really helpful, positive and naturally! Excellent advice thanks all especially @freddiegiguere! Good drills x

jenniferdiaz1188
1 month ago

@freddiegiguere Oh I see. I have been struggling with my foot falling asleep when I am standing for a long period of time. That is super frustrating because I have to drag it until it wakes up. I understand that. Seeing my mother bedbound motivates me too. I really appreciate your feedback it really helps to speak to people who understand.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.