Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
7 months ago

Hi @beachgirl and welcome.

Gilenya seems to be well-tolerated and seems to be effective.

You can read member’s firsthand accounts by using the forum search function, magnifying glass top left, and search for “Gilenya”.

arknat
7 months ago

Hi @beachgirl,

Been on Gilenya last 2 years. First day monitoring was uneventful (was normal/nothing different). My liver enzymes were high initially in the 3 month checkup but normalized in the 6th month.

I’ve had no other side effects from Gilenya and been relapse free during my time on it. Of course my lymphocyte count is low and thats the way it works but is within limits.

From my experience, there’s nothing to fear from Gilenya and has been very effective.

Good luck and hope it works out for you as well.

buitenmus
7 months ago

I’m on Gilenya for 2 years now and I’m not having any side effects, and my MRI is stable now. My lymphocyte count is lower, so when I’m ill, like the flu, it takes more time to get better, but I don’t think I’m more often ill then before. So for me it works very well.

cammo
7 months ago

@beachgirl,
I have been taking Gilenya for 14 months. Seems to be working. No new lesions on my last MRI.
My liver enzymes were elevated for a couple of months. My neuro said there was nothing they could do except monitor my LFTs and hope it doesn’t go up. They were back to normal on my last check-up.
Easy drug to take. no injections or infusions.
All I can say is that I have put on 10kg wile taking Gilenya even though I am on a vegan diet and exercise every day.

beachgirl
7 months ago

Did anyone else gain weight while on gilenya? Thanks for all of your responses. I really appreciate it. Any information on this med is very helpful. I know everyone is different, but it helps. Thanks

cammo
7 months ago

@beachgirl it is a known side effect but not very common. Weight loss is a more common side effect.
Lucky me 🙂

buitenmus
7 months ago

I also lost weight but I started working out, SO not sure why.

arknat
7 months ago

Hi @beachgirl,

I did not gain weight from Gilenya. Remained constant with no loss or gain before and after.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.