elsi
4 years ago
fumaric acid

Has anyone of you experience with fumaric acid? It is supposed to be approved this year and I`m thinking about to switch, because I`m really tired of intections..!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Sounds very promising. How long before it’s available on the NHS???

thanks for the info, i was wondering if there is someone in this forum who`s already on it. it`s said that it will be available for people with ms this spring or summer, but you never know how, why or when the government reacts…

@elsi, I found this snippet of information via a US resource:-
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000813353
If the drug is having problems getting approval in the US, I can’t see it being available here anytime soon. 🙁

I read somewhere that it will be available this year… I don`t get why there are concerncs about safety, because it has been used for over 20 years for treating psoriasis…

It’s a similar situation with Campath/alemtuzumab. That’s a drug that has been seem to have a benefit to MS-ers, although it’s original use was something else.
So, the manufacturers go to re-licence it under another name, at a greater cost!
It seems in the case of BG-12 the delay appears to be the safety of the testing. But, if it’s been used for years, then one may assume that it’s really a cost/profit issue!

As always let’s change the name use it for a different purpose and surprise surprise the price goes up !

Teva – The parent company for Copaxone has asked the FDA to delay the drug approval of BG-12 fumaric acid. It was supposed to be approved by the FDA this past December but has promised to make a decision on it by March 28th of this year.

It seems to me the drug company Teva had a more sinister reason for the delay other than just “patient safety” as highlighted in the article link below.

http://www.gabionline.net/Generics/News/Teva-asks-FDA-to-delay-approval-of-Biogen-s-MS-drug

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.