elsi 19/01/13
Last reply 5 years ago
fumaric acid

Has anyone of you experience with fumaric acid? It is supposed to be approved this year and I`m thinking about to switch, because I`m really tired of intections..!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
5 years ago

DJDsouza
5 years ago

Sounds very promising. How long before it’s available on the NHS???

elsi
5 years ago

thanks for the info, i was wondering if there is someone in this forum who`s already on it. it`s said that it will be available for people with ms this spring or summer, but you never know how, why or when the government reacts…

stumbler
5 years ago

@elsi, I found this snippet of information via a US resource:-
http://www.globes.co.il/serveen/globes/docview.asp?did=1000813353
If the drug is having problems getting approval in the US, I can’t see it being available here anytime soon. 🙁

elsi
5 years ago

I read somewhere that it will be available this year… I don`t get why there are concerncs about safety, because it has been used for over 20 years for treating psoriasis…

stumbler
5 years ago

It’s a similar situation with Campath/alemtuzumab. That’s a drug that has been seem to have a benefit to MS-ers, although it’s original use was something else.
So, the manufacturers go to re-licence it under another name, at a greater cost!
It seems in the case of BG-12 the delay appears to be the safety of the testing. But, if it’s been used for years, then one may assume that it’s really a cost/profit issue!

femke
5 years ago

As always let’s change the name use it for a different purpose and surprise surprise the price goes up !

wesley
5 years ago

Teva – The parent company for Copaxone has asked the FDA to delay the drug approval of BG-12 fumaric acid. It was supposed to be approved by the FDA this past December but has promised to make a decision on it by March 28th of this year.

It seems to me the drug company Teva had a more sinister reason for the delay other than just “patient safety” as highlighted in the article link below.

http://www.gabionline.net/Generics/News/Teva-asks-FDA-to-delay-approval-of-Biogen-s-MS-drug

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.