Last reply 2 months ago
Frustrated!!

These chuffin hand tremor in my left hand is so annoying. Cos I’m a lefty doing jobs are really tough eg carrying stuff , moving stuff , buttering, holding cutlery. I give up as it causes more mess so more cleaning.

I increased gabapentin n tried proranolol. They don’t do jack.

1 I haven’t tried is primidone. Duz this help at all.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

Propranolol I meant

mlgilber1
2 months ago

Hey @rotherhamdave! The tremors get super frustrating! Sometimes my hand writing will look like a 3 year olds because of it. I take the propranolol and sometimes it works… My ms nurse told me I can take up to 40mg if needed. I haven’t tried primidone, but someone else on here recommended it to me and said it really works. I hope you find a solution soon! I hope everything else is going well for you.

guinness
2 months ago

@rotherhamdave i take propranolol 20 mg morning and night to control my heart beat as its a beta blocker

vixen
2 months ago

Oh @rotheramdave, how I chuckled when you confessed that your political leanings cause you problems…….’cos I’m a lefty doing jobs are really tough…….’ Only joking, you tough northerner! This might sound strange, but do consider retraining yourself to use your right hand, ‘m actually serious about doing this myself, as sometimes my right hand gets weak and I’m thinking of preparing for future events. Also, retraining might well sharpen your cognitive skills too. Does it happen all the time, or just sometimes? Stay strong, and keep looking for ways to make life easy for yourself…….x

rotherhamdave
2 months ago

Happens every time I’m doing summat. I do use right hand sometimes. I’m determined to crack this stupidness. I might as well be blind folded.

Any left hand donations al take

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.