Last reply 2 months ago
Four month update on hsct

I’m now four months post hsct! So far so good. Mobility has increased, don’t need to go to the toilet every five minutes now, i can exercise for forty-five minutes a day, i no longer use crutches except for long distances. If i had any regret, it would be that i waited to getting to 5 on the edss scale before i went. Although i lived with ms for twenty years, when my ms did ramp up for me, it was pretty rapid. Hoping everyone is as well as can be.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the β€˜x’.

joanne46
5 months ago

That’s great news…I’m sure the road has been a difficult one…but you got there in the end 😊

stumbler
5 months ago

@paulmorrison , πŸ‘

vixen
5 months ago

@paulmorrison, glad you’re doing so well! It’s inspirational for others too, in that you have been diagnosed a long time, whereas lots here are newly diagnosed, so your post is hopeful. Who knows how the landscape might have changed in the next 5 or 10 years? πŸ™‚

seanachai
2 months ago

Well done Paul, keep going and putting in the shifts, long road big rewards

rmdaniels
2 months ago

@paulmorrison
Congratulations! I hope you continue to do better!
@vixen That is good for us newbies too! 😎
What exactly is hsct? Is that a DMT?

dominics
2 months ago

Did you have it in the UK?

petlamb
2 months ago

Congrats @paulmorrison πŸ™‚ Fabulous news πŸ‘

@rmdaniels – HSCT is stem cell treatment. If you search for it on this site using the magnifying lass (top left), you’ll find a LOT of info on it!

paulmorrison
2 months ago

@dominics no i didn’t qualify for the criteria to get the treatment in the uk. I received my treatment in Moscow, little bit worried before I went, but the facility and the staff were out of this world.

paulmorrison
2 months ago

@rmdaniels hsct, has little to do with the stem cells and more to do with the chemotherapy. Your own stem cells are only reintroduced after chemotherapy has wiped out your immune system, and hopefully the memory of ms (the stem cells help re grow your immune system)

rmdaniels
2 months ago

@paulmorrison
Wow! That’s even better! Praying for continued excellent results!

rmdaniels
2 months ago

@petlamb
Thank you & I’ll search the results. 😊

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.