Last reply 8 months ago
Foot drop

Hi, I suffer from bad foot drop in my right leg which means I am falling into a lot of things which is leaving me black and blue. I have an FES machine which is amazing but I do find that the electronic stimulation’s can be a bit much sometimes. I was thinking of alternating between that and an AFO? I’ve seen a carbon fibre one. Thing is, would I need to talk to my medical professionals before purchasing or should I just go ahead? Thanks.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

There are no categories assigned yet.

stumbler
8 months ago

@chloeautumnx , the NHS can supply these SAFOs, if you can press the right buttons and press the right people.

On another tack, there is a Facebook Group, the MS Gym, which has a series of exercises to address footdrop. It may be worth a look………

chloeautumnx
8 months ago

Thanks @stumbler.
Is foot drop “curable” or just managed?

stumbler
8 months ago

@chloeautumnx , it may be possible to open up new neural pathways………

The guy behind the MS Gym, an MSer, I believe, is pretty upbeat about the possibility. But, he would be…………..

You’ve got nothing to lose as most of the videos are “free gratis”………….

PS I really should try some of his stuff myself………. 😕

chloeautumnx
8 months ago

@stumbler… haha, I see! Thanks 😊

nutshell88
8 months ago

Last year I used to go to physio therapist and she used that muscle stimulator snd sometime it was s bit too much but all of her sctivities suited me snd it was suitsble for my case

She did simple things like what these men do in the vid. Mind u its not just for MS.

noelie
8 months ago

@nutshell88 thanks for that video, I had seen others from them but missed that useful one.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.