matus82 09/02/18
Last reply 4 months ago
follow up update

Hello,
so I have been to see my neurologist yesterday after having a 6 month MRI follow up. according to the neuro no new activity so far…. all good.
here is a quick run up to what I am dealing with:
in June 2017 had MRI done and found 6 non active lesions on my Brain
in July 2017 had MRI of my spine and spinal tap done. Nothing found and all clear.
Feb 2018 had a follow up MRI of the brain and neck and nothing new found.
My neuro is considering this to be a isolated syndrome and wants me to go for a follow up in 6 months.

here are some of the issues I am dealing with for a number of months already (since mid 2017):
bladder and bowel problems (frequent urination and constipation) – been to urologist and nothing found to be of concern. Gastro also checked me out and I have acid reflux… still does not explain the bladder.
tingling sensation in my hands when I wake up maybe 2x a week (lasting max a minute)
sometimes random muscle spasms that last 1-2 minutes
in the last month having a mild eye pain during the day ( no vision distortion )
lately noticed a very very mild stiffness in my legs, does not influence my balance or daily activities.

Considered all the above, I am tempted to ask my neuro about a spinal MRI as well, since right now I have only confirmation that the brain and neck is good on a follow up. (spine never had anything before).

sometimes when i have dark thoughts I am wondering if there is no chance I am developing a Primary progressive, since i am not having any specific relapses that I can identify. ( I guess this is maybe a little far fetched, but this thought came over my mind too yet neuro sees me as a non confirmed MS), and I am seeing the above symptoms…all my symptoms are rather mild.

my current adjustments:
daily
8000ui vitamin D
vitamin E
Flaxseed oil
omega 3
magnesium, calcium selenium supplements
daily exercise
and starting OMS diet

Thanks for any feedback in advance

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
4 months ago

@matus82 , Neuros are very reticent is providing a diagnosis of MS until they can be absolutely sure.

The problems that you are experiencing may be residual damage from the non-active lesions from mid-2017.

Incontinence problems are a common symptom, as are sensory symptoms. There’s some information on these symptoms here :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/incontinence
https://www.mstrust.org.uk/a-z/altered-sensations

Problems like these are different for all of us and unpredictable. Your Neuro is regularly monitoring you so is keeping a close eye on the situation. A full MRI, brain and spine, at the next review may be pertinent.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.