poptart1977 19/04/15
Last reply 2 years ago
Floradix for fatigue?

Hi! I joined this site about a month ago and this is my first post.

I was wondering if anyone has tried Floradix to help with fatigue and if so whether you would recommend it? A lot of well meaning friends and family have suggested it as it mentions fatigue on the box which I suffer from but I’m not sure as the description says it only “contributes to reduction of tiredness and fatigue”. My MS Dr has suggested Amantadine but I rattle if shaken already so am looking for alternatives. Any help would be fab

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

2 years ago

@poptart1977 , it’s almost a case of “there’s tired and then there’s MS fatigue”!

Floradix seems to be a standard Over-the-counter (OTC) option that would address an iron deficiency, a cause of tiredness.

There would be no harm in trying and seeing if it has any benefits for you.

Amantadine is usually the first offering from the MS medical armoury. The other option that they seem to offer is Modafinil. These both seem to address, what I regard as, mental fatigue.

I hope this helps.

2 years ago

Hi @poptart1977 I have recently been diagnosed with Vit D deficiency and also anaemia due to low iron so the GP has given me Vit D3 3,200iu and Ferrous Sulphate (Iron)tablets at 200mg each and take 3 per day (600mg) with the understanding that one helps absorb the other (I forget which way around it is) so maybe a trip to your GP for a blood test to check you aren’t deficient in either of those. As for Floradix (Which I have tried but am not keen on the taste.. 😛 ) the Iron level in one 20ml dose is 15.0mg so maybe for someone who is feeling a little sluggish then this more natural approach could be good but I feel it wouldn’t touch the sides of MS Fatigue or in my case Anaemia.. so you may need to find out why you are fatigued (Just MS or something else or MS and something else..!!) and maybe just add one more rattle to your pill pot… :-/ Best wishes

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.