Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

Anonymous
3 years ago

Hi Holly

You will be fine. The machine is loud and sounds a bit like you are standing next to a drill but they give you ear plugs and sometimes music. If it’s just your brain being scanned you don’t need to change your clothes.

I remember asking the radiologist once if I needed to take my bra off. He looked at me in an are you for real sort of way and said its your head we’re doing not your breasts!
Good job I asked before taking it off.

Depending on if your having contrast or not it takes around 20 minutes.

stumbler
3 years ago

hollylb10 , yes, the noise! Do accept the ear plugs or the offer of music.

If you are at all apprehensive, then let the scanner operators know and let them reassure you.

Good luck with it.

hollylb10
3 years ago

Hello everyone 🙂 all done, much quicker than my spinal scan. I was prepared for the noise, they need to turn the headphones up a bit! They spoke to me like they did last time and I counted my way through each section. It was okay, I feel relived it is over but I had a few tears rolling down my face to start with. My fiancé came in with me again so that made me feel better, but I can’t look at him in the mirror as it makes me laugh! Next time I will be brave and go in on my own

stumbler
3 years ago

Well done, @hollylb10 😉

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.