northernlass 28/11/14
Last reply 3 years ago
Feet up in December.. not a chance.

Hi all, Wondered if anyone has any advice on how to combat “Festive Fatigue” because I seem to be in a very “BAH-HUMBUG” state of mind at the moment but my teens are gearing up for the big day already with talk of getting the Christmas decorations out of the loft, (Will put the Halloween ones up there at the same time me thinks) then decorating the house (and as my son is Autistic it HAS to be exactly the same as last year and he will remember.Tried to decorate our old tree with a purple a silver theme a few years ago.. didn’t go down well..). Old school Christmas bazzar to go to on Saturday guess who’s driving..? and it’s miles away 🙁 . Then the joy of trying to track down gifts for those special someone’s or making sure you hear the postman if he comes with a parcel otherwise it’s off to the local depot the next day (Which is what I will be doing in a minute..) and then the fiddly wrapping with slightly numb fingers on one hand. And then there are the few invites for Christmas drinks/lunches/parties that I will be turning down as I have discovered my wobbly legs get even wobblier after a few sherbert’s and I am constantly thinking about needing the loo and if there’s a queue ..!! (Doesn’t bear thinking about). I also have a birthday to sort a few days before Christmas for my daughter and a visit to Cambridge (Guess who’s driving..) to have a pre-Christmas Christmas for my baby niece’s first ever one..phew I think I need a lay down now.. :-/

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

3 years ago

You have my sympathy, @northernlass , Xmas is a time for goodwill to all men. That’s because all the women are running around making sure it all happens.

It’s very demanding on the fairer sex.

All you can do is enlist the help of Santa’s little helpers where you can.

And, as for missed Royal Mail deliveries, you should be able to go online and rearrange a redelivery on a suitable day for you, where you can monitor the door.

3 years ago

When I was working, we always had a Marks and Spencer Christmas, i.e. order the food from them, choose your pick-up day, then all there is to do is put the foil trays in the oven…. Their veg selection/gravy/sauce/roasties are all fabulous. As I recall, their turkey was a bit expensive but the trimmings were very good value. Just removes the work! xxx

3 years ago

Let someone else take care of everything. I too feel Bah humbug at the moment. All too much. My thoughts are for January 2nd when it is all done and dusted for another year, and we can start planning the year ahead. Now that is another story…..

3 years ago

Lol @stumbler 🙂 and that sounds wonderful @cameron but it’s all too expensive, and I only have one person to help me @tiggermum and that will be AUNT BESSIE and she can help with the Yorkshires, the mash and the roasties.. and M&S can help with the nut roast 😛

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.