Last reply 9 months ago
Feeling much brighter could you too ?

I felt super down. Burst into tears at the slightest thing and my beloved partner said he felt like he was living with a stranger!
Reluctantly I spoke to my GP about happy tablets, as I called them, and they have had a miraculous affect!
I’m not running jumping climbing trees but I do feel happy for the first time in a long time.
Best of all my partner says he feels like he knows me again!
I am not so fatigued anymore. It’s great!

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
9 months ago

Thanks for sharing your good news, @jl0ates . 😉

novemberrain
9 months ago

Glad you feel brighter! I have decided to wean myself off citalopram I started in June because they made me feel a bit emotionally numb but I welcomed that at the time. Good luck with the happy pills, I may be rejoicing you one day if things get too much😁

mmhhpp
9 months ago

Hi! I need some of these too!
Can you share name to ask my gp?
Really happy they work for you!

mmhhpp
9 months ago

@ji0ates

grandma
9 months ago

As I have said before, we all can feel down just because of the ms, happy pills work and you can always wean yourself off them slowly when the time is right

cameron
9 months ago

Such good news because it means you can start building new, happy memories. xx

vees
9 months ago

So glad you found something that works for you!
I found a few things that work for me. I’ll share…
– orange blossom water. I spray a Neroli water on my face and I feel fresh and happy. I use one that I got from Fairmont hotel. They sell it online and I try to get it on sale.
Also have a Jo Malone orange blossom scent. Orange blossom or Jasmine flower soap is also a mood lifter.
– I frequently pet sit my son’s dog. Animals make your heart sing.
– fresh garden flowers in a vase.
– make plans with friends- mostly on a moments notice cause I would be having a good day.
– Volunteer helping a neighbour. I get so much joy from this!! And they are there for you when you are not at your best.

cameron
9 months ago

@vees – your post put me in mind of a friend who is newly back from Nepal and shared some of their beauty secrets. Two things: add a couple of drops of glycerine to your moisturiser – it feels incredible! Then, splash rosewater on your face after you’ve done this. She gave me containers of both she’d brought back so am using them – and then suddenly realised that of course you can get both glycerine and rosewater in the baking section of supermarkets – and they’re very cheap. No need to buy fancy brands, I’ve concluded.

Join Shift.ms to reply to this post.

Become part of the community so you can chat, compare and learn from other MSers.