Last reply 1 year ago
Feeling blue

Just had my recent MRI result…a few new lesions and two active ones. I am not sure I will ever get used to this.

Add categories

Browse categories and add by clicking on them

You can remove current categories below by clicking the ‘x’.

stumbler
1 year ago

@sunrise82 , I can understand you feeling blue with these results.

It would have been nicer to have no change, but this result should invigorate you Neuro into discussing a treatment plan for you, to slow down, or stop, this progression.

We do have to push for anything we get. So do your research, so that you take an active part in any conversation rather than get talked at.

mmhhpp
1 year ago

Not easy but you will get used to it!!! With ups and downs all the time but you will!!
Try not to get too low in my case if i get low my symptoms worsen a lot! Not easy i know…..like stumbler says discussing treatments with neuro will help….

sunrise82
1 year ago

Hi yeah I’ve been referred to a treatment centre near me but it’s a long waiting list so I have to wait until July. I just hope I don’t have another relapse before then. I’m generally a positive person but lately I’m just drained of being in pain nearly every day.

stumbler
1 year ago

@sunrise82 , you’re going to have to make things happen.

You do not need to be left in pain, so try and locate your MS Nurse and have a chat with them. This site should help you find your MS Nurse :-

https://www.mstrust.org.uk/understanding-ms/living-ms/map-ms-services

If you explain the circumstances, they should be able to liaise with your GP, to get some medication prescribed.

Alternatively, you’ll need to consult your GP. The following meds can help with neuropathic pain:-

Gabapentin; or
Pregabalin (Lyrica); or
Amitriptyline.

stumbler
1 year ago

Also, try and sit back and try to relax. Worrying/stressing makes everything worse.

Post Comment

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.